Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-27-2010, 03:38 AM

Default Re: Pro Tools LE 8 - Keeps on crashing. A lot of information has been provided.

Hey,

Yep I have TimeMachine turned off!

Oo I didn't do a 'Repair Permissions' on the hard drive. I'll have to do that now :)

Thanks mate,
Matt.
Old 03-01-2010, 06:48 PM

Default Re: Pro Tools LE 8 - Keeps on crashing. A lot of information has been provided.

Hi Matt.
Have you had any luck with solving this?

I've been trying to isolate the problem, narrow it down to something, but with no luck... I have tried almost everything i could possibly think of, still working on it and writing my efforts and possible patterns into a document to send Digi Tech Support...

Would love to hear from you.
Old 03-01-2010, 06:54 PM

I'm not Matt, but I also had problems with PT LE 8.03 and Snow Leopard for a few months. In the end I reformatted my drive, etc.. The problem was still there after I restored my user account (crashing continually).

So I created a new user account just for ProTools, and it has worked perfectly since!

Just in case it helps,
Geoff
Old 03-01-2010, 07:02 PM

Thank you Geoff, I have actually already made a new user account, haven't been able to try it out yet... Do you know if there is any way i can transfer my licenses to the other account? Or will i have to dig up all my serial numbers and register a 2nd copy of all my products?
Old 03-01-2010, 07:26 PM

I am a little unclear on this too... but as I understand if they are authorised on your iLock, you don't need to consider the user at all.

But I understand your concern... I've wasted many many hours sorting through authorisations, etc.

However, my procedure to get things working was to install PT with its Digi plugins as a basic install just to see if it would work without crashing. It did, so I began installing my plugins one by one. So far haven't had a problem. (I don't have too many) - some from Wavs, IK Multimedia, Native-Instruments. I don't think I have had to reauthorise anything. Are you using an iLock? (I assume you are referring to your plugins?)

Geoff
Old 03-01-2010, 07:37 PM

Yes i use iLok, but i'm mainly referring to other programs i will also need to be able to run on that user account - Melodyne, Reason, a few non-iLok plugins... etc..
Old 03-01-2010, 07:49 PM

You guys probably already did this but I haven't heard back if you set the number of processor cores in the playback engine to 1 instead of 2. Did it help or not?

Mac Studio M1Max - 64GB
MacOS 14.4.1 running Protools 2024.3.1
Old 03-01-2010, 08:06 PM

Playback engines.... What is recommended?

thanks,
Geoff
Old 03-01-2010, 08:11 PM

Oh sorry, thanks, but it didn't help.

I've tried toggling bluetooth, closing all other background programs (even my drop box task bar), turned airport off, removed all plugins from plugin folder that is any doubt about support, removed all usb devices, tried working on a different hard drive, changed my cables, turned time machine off, deleted preferences about a billion times, reinstalled pro-tools......... i could go on for a long time..

I'm going to get to work on the new user account tomorrow. see if that solves it.
Old 03-01-2010, 08:14 PM

All the best. I wish I had done that a long time ago.

Geoff