Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Windows
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-19-2011, 01:11 PM

Default Pro Tools 9 will not open

I am at my wit's end. Pro Tools 9 works adequately on my desktop HP -- but CPU speed and limited memory hinder its performance. So I'm trying to run it insteasd on my faster HP laptop with more memory. PT 8 worked fine on it. But when I did the PT 9 cross upgrade, the new installation failed to start up. Yes, I've set up the iLok correctly and have reinstalled the new program twice. When I click on the program icon, I get a comforting hourglass spinning for a few seconds. Then it stops and the program never opens. Any help? I often wish I had never gone down the PT path to begin with. I have an MBox2. I am running Windows 7 on both machines. The laptop running Intel Core2 Duo CPU T6000 2.2GHHz. 4 GB SODIMM 800 MHZ 80CE. Mobile Intel 4 Series Express Chipset Family. HELP!!!
Old 07-19-2011, 01:17 PM
Avid

Default Re: Pro Tools 9 will not open

Try right-clicking on the Pro Tools application and choosing 'Run As Administrator'.
Old 07-19-2011, 01:33 PM

Thanks for the suggestion -- but I have tried that several times without success. I have been patiently trying various things for several days over the past several weeks. Nothing seems to work. The Windows Task Manager does not see PT 9 as one of the programs that is running, so it's getting hung up at the start. Hourglass for a few seconds and then nothing. No messages. Just nothing. I will joyfully try anything anyone can suggest. Thank you.
Old 07-19-2011, 03:45 PM
Avid

Ok, we're going to need more info to help - please see the Help Us Help You sticky at the top of the forum for details about what we need to know.