Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > AAX Plug-ins
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-22-2017, 08:58 AM

Default Reason 10 announced

Just got an email from the PropHeads and Reason 10 was just announced. To be released on October 25 but if you have Reason 9 you can get in on the beta test team. Upgrade prices for Reason 1 to 9 owners is $129 US. See this page: https://www.propellerheads.se/en/reason/new

I'm sure Donald M will be all over this one (in a good way)

QAPLA!
Old 09-22-2017, 10:33 AM

Default Re: Reason 10 announced

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman691 View Post
Just got an email from the PropHeads and Reason 10 was just announced. To be released on October 25 but if you have Reason 9 you can get in on the beta test team. Upgrade prices for Reason 1 to 9 owners is $129 US. See this page: https://www.propellerheads.se/en/reason/new

I'm sure Donald M will be all over this one (in a good way)
Wow, that was fast! I wasn't expecting 10 until sometime next year! This will get the P-heads chatting it up on the Reason Talk forum. I'm checking it out now!

Old 09-22-2017, 10:42 AM

The new instruments look nice. But the one feature I personally want (speaking of MORE), is VST hosting in slave mode. That wasn't mentioned. Oddly, nothing at all was said about any improvements to the VST hosting capacity. I'd have to believe there will be some improvements on that as well with 10.

Reason is, in my judgement, the most versatile and powerful VI on the planet...because with VST hosting...it is ALL VI's. No other instrument's architecture comes close to how you can combine instruments and sounds like you can in Reason. Its OK as a DAW I suppose...but its real strength is an instrument.

Yeah, I'll be making the upgrade!

Old 09-22-2017, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonaldM View Post
The new instruments look nice. But the one feature I personally want (speaking of MORE), is VST hosting in slave mode. That wasn't mentioned. Oddly, nothing at all was said about any improvements to the VST hosting capacity. I'd have to believe there will be some improvements on that as well with 10.

Reason is, in my judgement, the most versatile and powerful VI on the planet...because with VST hosting...it is ALL VI's. No other instrument's architecture comes close to how you can combine instruments and sounds like you can in Reason. Its OK as a DAW I suppose...but its real strength is an instrument.

Yeah, I'll be making the upgrade!
VI hosting in slave mode is the one and only thing that will get me to upgrade to R10. You may know I held off on R9 because there wasn't enough in there to make me go for it. Ditto for the last couple of NI Komplete upgrades.

Are you going to get into the beta test deal?

QAPLA!
Old 09-22-2017, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman691 View Post
VI hosting in slave mode is the one and only thing that will get me to upgrade to R10. You may know I held off on R9 because there wasn't enough in there to make me go for it. Ditto for the last couple of NI Komplete upgrades.

Are you going to get into the beta test deal?
Well, I put my name in the box. Whether I get asked or not remains to be seen. As you know, I came up with a workaround using virtual MIDI, and so far, when I've wanted to use Reason with VSTs to create a special patch, mainly with Combinator, its worked just fine. It'll work even better once I build my new system with way, way more CPU!!! I'm kinda at the limits these days, it seems. Many of the newer plugs that I like to use seem to be resource hogs: Dune 2, Serum, Omnisphere, to name a few.