Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-14-2005, 02:58 PM

Default what is up with digidesign sales support!

can someone at digi or elsewhere explain to me why i cannot get a simple ship date for an hd2 accel system w/massive pack that i purchased 3 weeks ago. i was first told that my trade in system was not refurbished and paid that rate then was told one card was refurbished and i would have to pay $2k additional. i paid that. i was then given an arrival date of jan 6th. on jan 1 i was told that digi was not shipping anything between jan 3rd and 10th. my dealer has been calling trying to get a solid shipment date and is getting no return phone calls from digi. he is also apparently calling them about an icon system he just sold a customer and is getting no response there either.
so my question is what is going on over at digi. are the oversold on products. are they too busy to support their high end products. this is simply not acceptable. i am currently on hold with customer service who unfortunately can only tell me that my order is in the system. whack!

in the meantime i took digidesigns word on the jan 6th ship date and had my studio torn down and have relocated my main computer. if i want to temporarily revert to my old system i have to relocate the computer again and go through much headache. i have never felt so abused on a $9k purchase.

still holding.

quincy
Old 01-14-2005, 04:09 PM

Default Re: what is up with digidesign sales support!

Sad to hear about the poor experience you have been having. I would call and ask to speak with a Senior Supervisor, that should solve this problem for you.
Old 01-14-2005, 06:45 PM

The part numbers on every product they sell were changed. If you got your order in before Jan 1, yours will be the first to go out. Otherwise, its going to be a longer while.

How do I know? I bought some plug-ins well before Jan 1 and still don't have them!
Old 01-18-2005, 11:27 AM

yep, i heard from them about the computer system being down. i actually started this order around dec 15th...over a month. what is completely unacceptaple is that they often do not return a call. most companies who are selling you a $10k or $100k product would be apologetic and doing whatever necessary to keep you happy. can you imagine buying a car and the dealer saying oh we can't tell you when it will arrive and not even having the business sense to call you back to let you know that he doesn't know.
i did speak with a telesales manager on friday he said they couldn't tell me a ship date, stock or any other info, he would try and expedite and call back tuesday. shouldn't they be calling me back? this is my biggest beef with digi...as long as you are using their products you are at their mercy. i have had good tech support in the past, but i guess sales and registration in not very good based on my experience. this kills any future loyalty i may have had.
guess i will give them another call now.

q
Old 01-18-2005, 12:22 PM

ok so here's an update take it for what it's worth.
just got a call from digi. said they read this thread and said they did leave me a message on the 12th and sent an email. no email in my box, could possibly have been blocked. no voice mail on machine, i do not have a history of answering machine problems. no record of a phone call from 650 area code back to jan 12th. at any rate gave me an arrival date of 1/24. comforted me with the info that digidesign does in fact have the best customer service. not sure why it is going to take 5 days for the packages to travel 20 miles to my studio.
Old 01-19-2005, 12:14 PM

ok here's the update. digi sent the items overnight. thanks digi i do appreciate that. i am now good to go except for the 50' digilink cable on order from another guitar center. keeping my fingers crossed with regards to ilok transfers and setup.
quincy
Old 01-19-2005, 01:20 PM

Digi has been changing over their accounting / inventory system.
I think its ready now.
Old 01-19-2005, 06:44 PM

My plug-ins won't be (plugged)-in until next week. At least I have a date, and that's better than nothing at all, no question. I just wish there was more communication throughout this whole ordeal, that's all.