Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Getting Started
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-22-2013, 12:59 PM

Default Re: How's life in ProTool-land?

As I am an ableton man myself, this thread has persuaded me I need to take the plunge for pro tools. I just keep hearing good things about it.
Old 06-22-2013, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by samwise90 View Post
As I am an ableton man myself, this thread has persuaded me I need to take the plunge for pro tools. I just keep hearing good things about it.
How many screwdrivers do you have in a set at home....???

Many different tools to accomplish an end.....hassle free all the time no....super tool kit....YES
D-Command Main Unit - 'Ole Blue

http://www.sknoteaudio.com/ plugins rock and are affordable.
Old 06-26-2013, 08:55 AM

the tool kit analogy is accurate

most of us want to push the limits of our ability to create high quality productions and we're willing to struggle thru various "tools" to find the ones that give us the best sound regardless of the flaws any particular tool might possess.

Any musician/production person worth their salt knows that nothing in this business comes easy...that line about "paying dues" applies to everyone who ever took the leap into the entertainment biz void.

Now: MacPro Tower OS 10.8 - PT2018- MBox Pro - MACKIE preamp for monitoring only - mostly WAVES PIs - a couple of AKG/Shure Mics - MAudio Key49
Up Next: Mac Mini M2, PT 2023.9, Focusrite Solo - I love this set up! It's faster than I could have hoped for.
Then: ProTools 5-ish digi001 on a PC running Windows Millennium
BD (before digital)-from Tascam 8-track to Neve 64 - ran live audio for Club 88 in LA (Decline of Western Civilization) and Stage East in N Hollywood

"...this puts things into perspective...too much ****** perspective..." David St Hubbins and Nigel Tufnel standing over Elvis' grave.
Old 06-27-2013, 05:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrnplyr View Post
the tool kit analogy is accurate

most of us want to push the limits of our ability to create high quality productions and we're willing to struggle thru various "tools" to find the ones that give us the best sound regardless of the flaws any particular tool might possess.

Any musician/production person worth their salt knows that nothing in this business comes easy...that line about "paying dues" applies to everyone who ever took the leap into the entertainment biz void.
Yeah, it's hard work. I make techno/house - I like abletons quick flow, but I think the way forward is moving over to pro tools and learning actual real sound design.

Will see how it goes!