Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > General Discussion & Off Topic > General Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-30-2011, 01:36 AM

Default Re: NEW DTS censoring posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by danander11 View Post
Is this why we never see Gary posting here?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! Seriously, I just let out a wondrous cackle hahaha!! That's damn funny haha!!
Old 10-30-2011, 02:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry Johns View Post
If I could leave today I would, I'd divorce Avid tomorrow if I could.

Ironic, I'm sitting here right now, looking at my studio, thinking why have I wasted so many brain cells being the cheerleader on all these online forums for Protools, I can never get that time back!
Well, you are obviously not the only one.

Avid really should worry about so many HD users being upset.

I have never seen the DUC being in such an uproar.
Old 10-30-2011, 10:48 AM

DigiTechSupt...

I was before this past week not a complainer on your boards. If you do a scan of my username I'm sure you will think that I 'am' a complainer.

But I do have a couple of opinions.

You know those funny youtube videos popping up where they show a WWII country leader talking to his military aides, and the title is somthing like 'AVID board discuss the release of PT10.' ??

They are not in bad taste because the 'atmosphere' that has been created by the past releases shafting some portion of the hardware/software userbase has created an atmosphere that reminds us exactly of that.

And that is scary.

I was a beta tester for a short period (PT9).

'This' DigiTechSupt is the money only viewpoint management arguments every step of the way. What is scary is that you are replying to us 'pat' 'rehearsed by management, fed to you and you puppet their reply because you want to keep your job' reply that you are giving us across the board. Not well thoughtout personable replies. In my opinion, just mine.

Indeed you should start a new thread... 'Price Unhappy Responses'.
You would then have a thread to respond to people who post in other threads; 'i am moving this post to...' And you would be fulfilling the managements requirements, and you would be seen by us as doing your job, and doing it well. Just keep directing or moving yourself the unhappy $$ posts to that thread.

Shrugs, what is so hard about that? Please?

It pains me to see you reply this way, when I know #1 you are a very passionate PT user yourself and love to hear all of the positive things that are said by us, your fellow workers and programmers. But we do have to manage this little problem that's popped up lately, the money matter.

For me also, seeing all of the users who have vested money into the upgrades to the higher costing platforms (management, 'knowing' that they are going to become obsolete in the next PT release) and how they slink away because their upgrade investment is dead in the water. Sure they can use the equipment, but their hopes for staying current in the future are dashed on the rocks of a ragged shore with far too many ship wrecks piling up by the day. This is 'seen' by us as very underhanded.

Sighs, so I am just trying to put a personal, human view to these current events. Just the human view. I'm so tired of the business end of it all myself.

Thank you
I wish you well,
Chuck

Last edited by DigiTechSupt; 10-30-2011 at 12:58 PM. Reason: too much detail about beta's
Old 10-30-2011, 01:02 PM
Avid

I'm very sorry to have edited your post Chuck but it is a breach of the NDA that you signed when you accepted to be a part of beta testing.

Starting with Rule nr 1 : you do not mention anything related to beta testing outside of the beta testing group.

I realize you put a lot of effort into your post and it really was a difficult decision to go in and edit your post. But it was either that or delete it altogether. I hope you understand.

I'm also going to move this thread to the general discussion forum now.

Thanks