Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-09-2005, 09:50 AM

Default Re: Pro Tools M-Powered ?!!?!?

Quote:
As far as I can see from looking at the M-Audio site, the sessions created in M-Powered are completely compatible with LE. It says that they are interchangeable, so I'm guessing that you can open LE on M-Powered, and vice versa.
It also says that it supports ReWire so all seems great to me.
This makes total sense to me. My guess is the main difference between the two packages would be the i/o drivers, not the file formats or other parts of the code such as Rewire.

For instance, there's no reason Digi couldn't make the DV Toolkit work with the M-powered version.

PT 2021; MacBookPro M1; 16GB; Spectrasonics; Native Instruments, Toontrack, Waves...too many plugins.
Old 04-09-2005, 12:29 PM

Default Re: Pro Tools M-Powered ?!!?!?

First of all I love their products. In my humble opinion, PRO-TOOLS is where its at (No I don't work for them). I have been browsing these posts for the last year, trying to figger out what products were best for me in my applications. Thanks to you guys, Im always with the power curve on the latest and greatest; but enough with the @$$ kissing let talk DIGI.

The new MP line seems cool, I wonder if digi would take it upon themselves to continue to give people what they want. Of course, more DSP, track count, or whatever most novices "think" they need to get, without spending big dollars for the industry big sound. (It's cool, not to knock anybody for being thifty), but honestly; When will they stop coming up with new products and focus on system upgrades for us? The first PRO-TOOLS LE suckers. (I know, I know, they got 001 to 002 deals and m-box to this and 002 to that, but what about expand items) All m-box users would love to have some kind of interface that would increase thier inputs from two to eight or for 002 rack users, a complete 32 track fader option with all the lights and whistles. ( BUT WEAPON, they have tascam, and presonus out there for you, right? )...? yeh whatever, I would like to have something I know that works out the box, without downloading new drivers, or upgrading operating systems. Hardware that works (and stays working, what ever happen to the CS-10 controller option, motif guys must be pissed when they upgraded from 6.1 to 6.4), and that puts use to the DIGI products I already own.

Come on... Product development guys could vary well find a viable market for enhancing already existing products. the MP line is cool... but what if I could purchase the firewire interface to increase the inputs on my m-box without having the buy a new system. anyone? Thanks for all your post. ( I know I sure needed them) peace.