Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Eleven Rack

Old 09-28-2010, 05:30 PM

Default Reamping in HD

I've just got my 11R dialed in pretty well with my HD2 system. I'm using 2 Lynx Aurora 16s as interfaces. No problem getting wet + dry signals in. However, instructions on how to reamp dry signal in manual (and on posts I've read) doesn't seem to apply to me. I have no sends titled "reamp". I can send to all my hardware devices (including Eleven via AES). I'm thinking this is an HD thing since most discussion in this forum seems to be LE. Anybody know? Thx! Kevin
Old 09-28-2010, 05:36 PM

Default Re: Reamping in HD

Have you read the FAQ's
http://duc.digidesign.com/showthread.php?t=270510

Quote:
If you're using Eleven Rack with Pro Tools LE in a standard configuration where Eleven Rack is your primary audio interface make sure the following settings are configured correctly:
Make sure you have the Rig Input setting in the Eleven Rack control window is set to "Re-Amp"

For the track that has the "dry" or direct guitar audio, make sure the track's output is set to "Re-Amp L" or "Re-Amp R". Also make sure that the track is not muted.

For the track you're recording the re-amped sound to, make sure the input setting is set to has "Eleven Rig". Also make sure that the track is record enabled.

Eleven Rack (as a secondary device) with HD, MP, other LE system

If re-amping via digital I/O (S/PDIF, AES/EBU), make sure you have the devices 'handshaking', with cables connected in both directions.

The HD system should be the clock master, set to internal clock. Eleven Rack should be set to 'External' so that the two devices are sync'ed. Make sure the sample rates match or you will not be able to clock correctly.

The Rig Input source needs to be set to "Digital"

The Return track's input source needs to be "Digital"

In Eleven Rack, the "Digital Output" user option needs to be set to "Rig Outputs". Set this in the Guitar Window, or in the "Digital Output" page in User Options in the HW.
The same basic formula also applies if you're using Eleven Rack as a secondary device with your 003, an M-Powered system etc.

Windows 11 Pro | macOS 12
Pro Tools 2022
benonistudio.com
Youtube Channel - benonistudio
Plugin Deals
@benonistudio
Old 09-28-2010, 08:07 PM

Thx! Somehow, in my search of the forum, the FAQs didn't come up. Guess I should have checked there 1st... Unfortunately, the results were not encouraging. I set up the I/O exactly as described above--nothing. I can see the dry signal being sent via AES on the Lynx's meters. The Rig input is set to digital. The Rig output is set to digital. There is nothing coming out of the HW. I've made all settings in the user options in the Eleven GUI. What am I missing? I know my connections are OK because I am getting digital IO with Rig Input set to guitar. ER just doesn't seem to see the digital input.
Old 09-28-2010, 08:23 PM

I note that in hardware user options, External clock = "invalid or none", sample rate = 44.1 (I am using 48 everywhere) and digital input = SPDIF (I am using AES). However, there does not appear to be any plave to change these settings. PTHD is set to AES sync at 48K. I've got 20 other digittal devices all working fine via AES at 48K clocking to Pro Tools/ Lynx
Old 09-28-2010, 09:21 PM

OK. Mystery solved. One must disconnect the USB/PC from the ER HW and set the ER HW Dig in to external and AES and then reattach USB. Still, it reads AES synced internal at 44 (not 48) but is clearly working at 48K. I cannot find documentation of this step anywhere but it works. I guess all this is because it is designed to work as a standalone interface as opposed to standard digital devices. Hope this saves somebody else a few hours of aggravation.