Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)

Old 09-18-2009, 03:09 AM

Default TL Space troubles

Howdy all..

I just upgraded my mac to a new mac pro 2.66 quad core. Yum....

All going ok, only everytime i try install the IR library into tl space, it crashes pro tools... It was ok installing other IR librarys, just not the TL stock ones...

It comes up saying 'pro tools is critically low on memory' My new specs are computer above, with 4 gigs RAM, HD3 Acell

Anyone had this trouble?

Cheers
Dave
Old 09-18-2009, 03:24 AM

Default Re: TL Space troubles

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackbirdstudio View Post
Howdy all..

All going ok, only everytime i try install the IR library into tl space, it crashes pro tools... It was ok installing other IR librarys, just not the TL stock ones...

It comes up saying 'pro tools is critically low on memory' My new specs are computer above, with 4 gigs RAM, HD3 Acell

Anyone had this trouble?

Cheers
Dave
I dont use the factory installer of tl space but other irs so i cant tell you if the ir installer works but tl space itself is working just fine in Snow Leopard and PT 8.0.1, here
Old 09-18-2009, 03:40 AM

Quote:
Howdy all..

Anyone had this trouble?

Cheers
Dave
Hi,

Download the library again incase there's corruption!

working ok here, but i just copied and pasted from my previous install.

is this the TDM version have you tried RTAS as well.

Chris

Producer, Engineer,
UKmastering Mixing & Mastering
Blinders_Columbia top 40 UK album charts
Slow Readers Club Joy Of The Return #9 UK album charts

www.ukmastering.com

PT10.3.10 Mountain Lion HD6 accel Magma PE6R4 D Command 32 MacPro 12 Core 3.46ghz UAD-2 Octo x2. Manley Vari-Mu, Manley Massive Passive, SSL VHD, ADL600, Grove Tubes ViPre, Tube-Tech CL-1B. Hafler TRM active monitoring.
Old 09-18-2009, 03:49 AM

I downloaded the latest tl TDM installer, but am trying to install the library i had on my old comp. Ill try download the zip files again from digi...

Also, if i use the tl space plug in in RTAS mode, the delay jumps to 20000 or so samples, obviously more than PT can deal with. RTAS Tl space was ok on my old computer... I have my H/w buffer set to 256 samples, and have tried with less too..

Cheers
Dave
Old 09-18-2009, 04:30 AM

Quote:
I downloaded the latest tl TDM installer, but am trying to install the library i had on my old comp. Ill try download the zip files again from digi...

Also, if i use the tl space plug in in RTAS mode, the delay jumps to 20000 or so samples, obviously more than PT can deal with. RTAS Tl space was ok on my old computer... I have my H/w buffer set to 256 samples, and have tried with less too..

Cheers
Dave
Hi Dave

that is weird. I am looking at my tl space instance right now in a session using 48khz and my ADC is reporting 164 samples delay. My H/W buffer is set to 64 samples. Sounds like your HW buffer is set to 1024 samples. The larger the H/W buffer in the PB Engine dialog the larger the delay reported by TL space and other RTAS plugs. Try lowering that buffer... Setting my buffer to 256 is yielding a 548 ADC delay in TL.
Old 09-18-2009, 05:28 AM

Is quite weird...

Ill check exact sample delay when i go in to the studio in a couple of hours.
On my old computer, i could have my buffer set to 256, and have no problem with delay comp using rtas tl space.

Ill will find this bug... Probably an old plug version issue somewhere in my plugs folder. I re-downloaded most of them for the install, but used some installers i already had. I only used the installers i had when the downloading file had the exact name as the one i had.

Cheers
Dave
Old 09-18-2009, 05:35 AM

When I install into a new system I always check if there are new installers on the digi website for the plugs

Dont really understand why digi implemented the software update feature for plugs if it aint working anyway.
Would be like having a compressor with a picture of an EQ on it.
Old 09-18-2009, 05:53 AM

That 'software update' feature is quite laughable at this point. Is it there for future implemenation, or am i missing something?

Im going to go through and get all plugs off the net again. Do it from scratch..

Cheers
Dave
Old 09-18-2009, 08:19 AM

Hi All..

Ive gone through and reinstalled all my plugs from new files... Still Tl Space wont let me import its own library. It crashes as soon as i select a package to install.... Argghhhh....

Any help would be great. Thanks

Dave
Old 09-18-2009, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Hi All..

Ive gone through and reinstalled all my plugs from new files... Still Tl Space wont let me import its own library. It crashes as soon as i select a package to install.... Argghhhh....

Any help would be great. Thanks

Dave
Have you trashed the prefs for TL Space? user/library/prefs/TL Space

Chris

Producer, Engineer,
UKmastering Mixing & Mastering
Blinders_Columbia top 40 UK album charts
Slow Readers Club Joy Of The Return #9 UK album charts

www.ukmastering.com

PT10.3.10 Mountain Lion HD6 accel Magma PE6R4 D Command 32 MacPro 12 Core 3.46ghz UAD-2 Octo x2. Manley Vari-Mu, Manley Massive Passive, SSL VHD, ADL600, Grove Tubes ViPre, Tube-Tech CL-1B. Hafler TRM active monitoring.