Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-25-2012, 01:37 PM

Default Received a Pro Tools HD 10 license bundle; isn't working correctly please help!

So, I looked in my ilok account and saw that I had new licenses available, clicked on it, come to find out I have a "Pro Tools HD 10 Bundle" with HD 10, 10, HD 9, and 9 licenses on it and there is no expiration on them so it's not a trial. I put them on my ilok and am running HD 10 and everything works fine except I don't have an HD io and don't have the money to spend on one. I want to just use the 10 license since I can actually operate it right now. Any light on what I'd need to change in pro tools or with my ilok to make it recognize only the PT 10 license would be very helpful! Thanks!

Running Mac OS X 10.8 on a 13" Macbook Pro with 8 GB of Ram, 2.9 GHz intel Core i7
Old 12-25-2012, 02:13 PM

Default Re: Received a Pro Tools HD 10 license bundle; isn't working correctly please help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by beasleymusic View Post
So, I looked in my ilok account and saw that I had new licenses available, clicked on it, come to find out I have a "Pro Tools HD 10 Bundle" with HD 10, 10, HD 9, and 9 licenses on it and there is no expiration on them so it's not a trial. I put them on my ilok and am running HD 10 and everything works fine except I don't have an HD io and don't have the money to spend on one. I want to just use the 10 license since I can actually operate it right now. Any light on what I'd need to change in pro tools or with my ilok to make it recognize only the PT 10 license would be very helpful! Thanks!

Running Mac OS X 10.8 on a 13" Macbook Pro with 8 GB of Ram, 2.9 GHz intel Core i7
it is seeing the 10 license, the HD license is giving you extras like:
advanced automation
LCR to 7.1 options
more than 1 video track and the ability to do minor work on it
more tracks and buses

so kick back, have some Nog and enjoy

"Fly High Freeee click psst tic tic tic click Bird Yeah!" - dave911

Thank you,

Craig
Old 12-25-2012, 07:23 PM

Default Re: Received a Pro Tools HD 10 license bundle; isn't working correctly please help!

I guess my question then would be, can I use my Profire 2626 with Pro Tools HD 10? I've got it all set up and it's recognizing it but no audio is being recognized within pro tools...
Old 12-25-2012, 11:09 PM

I would assume you can use the 2626
I haven't done much with 3rd party interfaces just HD and system audio out

"Fly High Freeee click psst tic tic tic click Bird Yeah!" - dave911

Thank you,

Craig
Old 12-25-2012, 11:37 PM

Pretty sure that as long as the 2626 is core audio complaint and any needed drivers are installed and its configured correctly than it should show up in PTLE as a interface. Assuming all is configured correctly on the Mac itself you might try launching PT with the "N" held down which should open the playback dialog before PT itself finishes launching. You may find and select the 2626 there if Its showing.

Im a PC guy with a MBP so take my advice with grain of salt.

Formerly Hobo Wan Kenobi

Core 2 Specs Page

ASUS P6T6 Revolution | i7 930 | 12GB OCZ DDR3 1600 7-7-7-20 | PTLE 10 | CPTK | 003 | Presonus D8 | 11Rack | Alesis AI3 | Presonus HP60 | Mercury + Studio Classics | Sound Toys | MasseyPack | Axiom61 | MAudio Keystation Pro 88
Old 12-26-2012, 06:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunburst79 View Post
Pretty sure that as long as the 2626 is core audio complaint and any needed drivers are installed and its configured correctly than it should show up in PTLE as a interface. Assuming all is configured correctly on the Mac itself you might try launching PT with the "N" held down which should open the playback dialog before PT itself finishes launching. You may find and select the 2626 there if Its showing.

Im a PC guy with a MBP so take my advice with grain of salt.
I'm using PT HD...It's showing up within PT in the "hardware" tab and it's set as my playback engine. I have all the io set up correctly, all the updated drivers but whenever I hit "play" it won't play and when I arm a track no signal is coming through the track. Basically, PT HD is recognizing the interface but no sound is coming out. I feel like I read you have to have an HD io to run PT HD but when I saw that PT was recognizing my profire 2626 I thought maybe it's possible for that to work?
So is it possible for me to run PT HD and have a Profire 2626 as my interface?

Thanks!
- Will
Old 12-26-2012, 08:53 AM

I am not 100% HD will run will a 2626 interface. This is from the Avid knowledge base;

Pro Tools|HD Audio Interface Required
To use a Pro Tools|HD Native system, you must have at least one Pro Tools|HD audio interface (sold separately) connected to the Pro Tools|HD Native PCIe card. Pro Tools|HD Native systems support up to 4 Pro Tools|HD audio interfaces for up to 64 simultaneous channels of input and output. The following Pro Tools|HD audio interfaces are supported with Pro Tools|HD Native systems:

Is there a reason you can't run Pro Tools 10 Native?
OWC Express 4M2 (4 X 2TB)
Interface: Presonus Quantum
Presonus Faderport & Faderport 8
Black Lion Sparrow Mk2 A/D, FMR-RNP-RNC, MIDI Xpress 128
BM5A, KRK VXT4, Equator D5
2020 Macbook Pro 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD Audio(mobile rig)
Old 12-26-2012, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradch00 View Post
I am not 100% HD will run will a 2626 interface. This is from the Avid knowledge base;

Pro Tools|HD Audio Interface Required
To use a Pro Tools|HD Native system, you must have at least one Pro Tools|HD audio interface (sold separately) connected to the Pro Tools|HD Native PCIe card. Pro Tools|HD Native systems support up to 4 Pro Tools|HD audio interfaces for up to 64 simultaneous channels of input and output. The following Pro Tools|HD audio interfaces are supported with Pro Tools|HD Native systems:

Is there a reason you can't run Pro Tools 10 Native?
The correct answer has already been given by others in this thread.

Pro Tools HD 10 (and 9) will both work with non-HD interfaces, it essentially runs as Pro Tools (non-HD) with the extra non-hardware based HD/CPTK features In that case. This capability has been widely discussed on DUC. and is one reason people snap up used HD licenses without HD hardware in the DUC for sale section and elsewhere.

Darryl
Old 12-26-2012, 09:08 AM

Cool... I really didn't know that... after running PT for around 7 years... I still learn things here... I should read the install flash screens more often... it's right there... apologies....
OWC Express 4M2 (4 X 2TB)
Interface: Presonus Quantum
Presonus Faderport & Faderport 8
Black Lion Sparrow Mk2 A/D, FMR-RNP-RNC, MIDI Xpress 128
BM5A, KRK VXT4, Equator D5
2020 Macbook Pro 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD Audio(mobile rig)
Old 12-26-2012, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beasleymusic View Post
I'm using PT HD...It's showing up within PT in the "hardware" tab and it's set as my playback engine. I have all the io set up correctly, all the updated drivers but whenever I hit "play" it won't play and when I arm a track no signal is coming through the track. Basically, PT HD is recognizing the interface but no sound is coming out. I feel like I read you have to have an HD io to run PT HD but when I saw that PT was recognizing my profire 2626 I thought maybe it's possible for that to work?
So is it possible for me to run PT HD and have a Profire 2626 as my interface?

Thanks!
- Will
this has gone in for several posts yet you still have not provided much useful detailed information needed to help you. and as a result this thread will likely spin off into misinformation and opinions as we are are already seeing.

Start on the "Help us help you-- read this before posting" link on this page and describe the info needs there. Like..

What do you mean by no signal is coming through the interface? what input are you using (eg mic, if so does it need phantom power? is the preamp gain turned up) does the track level meter move? Do you just not hear any output? How is is the input monitoring set up? You have to describe exactly what is happening, we cannot guess. What happens when you use the Mac built in audio (as an aggregate device)?

What exact version of Pro Tools?
what exact version of OS X?
what exact CoreAudio driver fir the interface have you installed? Give a link to the driver.
what exactly is showing in the playback engine dialog as the playback engine? Are you trying to use an aggregate device?--don't!
where are your monitors connected and what type?
have you checked for output with a headphone
how have you got known ti work audio into a session to test the output with? Tried dragging and dropping a random music file onto an audio track in a new clean session to test with?
does the master output meter in pro tools show output?
what are the track io settings, post a screenshot of the entire mix window online and provide a link here to that

what if the standard Avid listed Pro Tools trouble shooting and optimization steps for your OS have you tried?

Darryl