Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 10

Old 05-07-2014, 10:36 AM

Default The Never Ending Battle with ProTools 10

Seems like every time I post on here I rant on how UN-happy I am with this program (and Avid)now (vs before I upgraded from v8). I'll apologize ahead of time. Still trying to get ProTools to work. I can't even get it to run anymore. Won't play even 1 track without the "Increase Buffer Size" error. Now it just stops responding. My question is I am going to remove the preferences again to try to limp through my current project but I'm not sure about the ".com.digidesign.mbox2.prefpane.plist" (located in Mac HD/Library/Preferences) The icon is a blank page instead of a page with plist. written on it) I use a MBOX 2 for portability when editing. I plan on doing a clean uninstall and reinstall when I'm done with this current project but I don't want to take any chances with it being worse, though at this point I might not have a choice. I am using a 2012 MacBook Pro with LaCie Thunderbolt External HD. I have been through EVERYTHING (I am an experienced user) and know that the problem is with the program, not the computer. ANY input would be greatly appreciated! I have NEVER dealt with a company with the lack of customer service as Avid. I have never had to PAY to Email a company when I had issues with their product after investing so much in it. I will never spend another penny with them! (Sorry...there's the rant I promised : / )
Old 05-07-2014, 10:41 AM

Default Re: The Never Ending Battle with ProTools 10

One more question. Can I delete the contents of the "AvidListFile" located in USERS/LIBRARY/PREFERENCES without messing things up? and do I delete the entire "AvidListFile.txt" folder or just the contents? I am running ProTools 10.3.4 Thanks!
Old 05-07-2014, 11:04 AM

Not sure if this is the same problem but I have never been able to get my mBox2 Pro to work with my 2012 MacBook Pro on first boot up. I always get the "increase buffer" error. Here is my work around:
Boot up with mBox2 Pro connected via F/W. Launch Protools. Quit Protools. Unplug F/W to mBox2 Pro cable. Reconnect F/W to mBox2 Pro. Launch Protools and away we go. From what I have been able to gather, the mBox F/W loader does not load correctly at boot up on these computers from a cold start but when hot-patching it does. I found the same issue using a 2011 iMac as well. Good luck
Old 05-07-2014, 11:35 AM

How about just updating your I/O box so you dont have these issues?

A new I/O interface equaling the MBox 2 pro is quite reasonable now adays... just saying.

Also what happens when you hold down N when launching PT? Once the playback engine window opens does the MBox show in the list?
Old 05-07-2014, 11:37 AM

I will add that PT 10.3 is working very solid on over 6 systems I have.... so I wouldn't go blaming the software
Old 05-07-2014, 11:38 AM

Also since youre on a MAC what happens when you hold down N when launching and you choose to use the computers sound card output as the playback engine?