Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > FireWire & USB Audio Interfaces (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-04-2016, 02:04 PM

Default 'Low Latency Monitoring' option is just gone!!!

Hi all,
I've been working with PT 11 for about 18 months now with no problems.
While using my Xbox (3rd gen) with PT 11, I just selected the 'Low Latency Monitoring' option on and Protools controlled the Mbox software and took care of the routing. This worked perfect for me in PT 9, PT 10 also.
Previous to that I used the Mbox 2 and used the mix control on the front of the unit to arrange having a dry delay free signal from the input, which also worked fine for years.

My issue now is that I've upgraded to PT 12.6 and the 'Low Latency Monitoring' option is just gone!!!
as usual i go to the options menu, go to the bottom, but now , Delay compensation is the last option.
I can't believe that Avid have intentionally gone backwards and removed this option.

Anyone else suffering with this?

I'm on iMac OS Sierra 10.12.1
3.2 GHz Intel Core i5
16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
NVIDIA GeForce GT 755M 1024 MB

My Mbox controller software is the most up to date also.

I can work around it by using the Mbox controller software to route the inputs directly to the outputs and mute the track in PT12 as I'm recording, but it's a few extra clicks every take, and it's killing my workflow.

It seems like PT is no longer communicating with the Mbox software.

Any help would be hugely appreciated.

Cheers,

JJ.
Old 12-06-2016, 06:23 AM

Default Re: 'Low Latency Monitoring' option is just gone!!!

Avid's reply:

"Hello,

Please be informed you will need to use that workaround for the moment, and we are investigating towards a fix for a future release. We can't promise any date of release though.

Regards,
Mihaela
Avid CC "

a bit disappointing.
It would've been nice to be aware of this issue before spending €325 to upgrade, only to find that I've lost a fairly fundamental recording feature of the software.

I guess I'll just wait so.