Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools M-Powered (Win)

Old 08-07-2010, 07:41 AM

Default Install Creative Collection Only?

I finally got PT 8.0.4 on Win7 64 to run properly - after 4 installs and uninstalls. In order to be efficient, I did not install the Creative Collection during the final (working) install - I searched this forum and could not find a way to only install that content.

Please tell me I don't have to uninstall / reinstall / update install again.

Any assistance is appreciated

-D
Old 08-07-2010, 09:35 AM

Default Re: Install Creative Collection Only?

In case anyone happens upon this thread, hopefully my experience will prevent you from repeating what happened:

#1 After the 8.0.4 installation I realized that I hadn’t checked the boxes for Creative Collection the Plugins etc way back in my 8.0 install, I had only checked the PT application files since I had been installing and uninstalling for hours to get to a working install
#2 After searching this forum and thinking I may have to reinstall, I inserted the 8.0 DVD and tried to only install the CC and Plugs - the 8.0 installer realized there was a newer version already installed and gave me no further clue what to do
#3 I then tried running the 8.0.4 updater - alas - it allowed to me to choose a Modify install at which point I checked only the items I wanted to install - I was totally jazzed at this point!
#4 After about 20 minutes and the requested reboot - I realized the installer failed to tell me that by NOT also checking the PT application files that in fact they were now semi-uninstalled (more on that later) and PT was not able to run. In fact PT did not appear anywhere in my start menu and the shortcut on my desktop was gone
#4a However the CC and plugs took the time to install themselves just in case any other RTAS hosts happened to be on my system - dream on.
#5 So I tried to run the 8.0.4 installer again just to install the PT application files - BUT since it couldn’t find 8.0 it said no dice.
#6 So I tried to uninstall 8.0.4 from the 8.0.4 uninstaller - but as my missing shortcut can tell you - it couldn’t find an 8.0.4 to uninstall
#7 So, I went to the Windows 7 Control panel and tried to uninstall PT 8.0.4 - Windows could not uninstall 8.0.4 even though it appeared in the list of programs.
#8 What to do??? So I tried to run the 8.0 uninstaller from the DVD even though the Windows programs list from the Control Panel showed 8.0.4 - oddly enough the 8.0 uninstaller did in fact uninstall the 8.0.4 dust that was left on my system
#8a So now I have my Win7 Ultimeate 64 Bit system with Sonar 8.5.3, Samplitude 10, Cubase, SoundForge, Adobe Creative Collection CS4, Waves, yes and even iTunes but no Pro-Tools - I wondered should I continue.....
#9 Now the reinstall begins - DVD 8.0 (remember do not connect your interface no matter what the instructions tell you!)
#10 Then the 8.0.4 update - and yes I connect my Profire 610 when the installer tells me to connect my Avid MIDI IO or Controller 8 ..... Neither of which I have
#11 Then Chorus Hallelujah from G.F Handel my 6th and final PT install seems to be complete!

-D