How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-05-2020, 02:44 AM

Default Re: Which PT?

Right on musicman691.

I'm actually pretty happy right now. I got PT 2020.3 into the laptop along with the plugin's and instruments, demo session etc. I also took care of admin stuff at iLok and Avid because that stuff had all changed.

I grabbed a few plugin downloads from 3rd party folks that I had on the iLok...still many more to go as well as virtual instruments although thank goodness the sample libraries are all already on drives and I don't have to download hours of that stuff.

I could not find Velvet.

Anything I find missing in terms of plugs or instruments that I have licenses for, I go looking for...... but if I cannot find it in a reasonable amount of time, I move on. The plan is to not get mired down in that stuff...grab it later. Unless it is necessary.

The only interface I have right now is the old 002R because I use my Eleven Rack for my live rig. At first PT would not see it but I found a download for the 003 drivers and it worked in terms of getting the demo sesh to send audio to the monitors......it sees the 002R in Playback Engine but not in Hardware......odd.

I did not check the Input's and Out's to see what showed up there as far as hardware. Tomorrow.

Got a lot done today considering the nature of this thing. I wouldn't have done it had not been for you guys. Thx.

Next up......hoping to score a UA Apollo 8X Quad or 8P. Prolly used. Price has to be right.
Old 04-05-2020, 02:46 AM

Velvet is airmusictech.com plugin
Old 04-05-2020, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFreak View Post
Velvet is airmusictech.com plugin
It should install automatically if you run the VI and Plugins installers from your avid account. No need to go look anyehere as it will be installed along with the rest of the AIR VI plugins from your account.

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 04-05-2020, 01:43 PM

Velvet is not a part of the free VI package.

I just checked, and see the Velvet on my Avid Account forsure, but it only has old versions (PT8 and earlier) as the plug is now airmusictech.com
Old 04-05-2020, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFreak View Post
Velvet is not a part of the free VI package.

I just checked, and see the Velvet on my Avid Account forsure, but it only has old versions (PT8 and earlier) as the plug is now airmusictech.com
Aha was that part of the PTIEP then? Have the IEP3 or whatever the latest is with LOOM and Vacuum3 etc and yes Velvet is there too so you have to have one of the IEP 1 2 or 3 to get the latest working version.

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 04-05-2020, 02:13 PM

Yes
Old 04-05-2020, 02:41 PM

Thanks for the info. I see it is now called Velvet 2 and is available at Avid or airmusictech.

I have a never expiring license for Velvet 1 on my iLok......but is that even considered an AIR Instrument?

Velvet2 is only $99 (only being subjective ) and I absolutely love the Rhodes sounds......but to get it less expensive would be nice-everything helps.

But there is no upgrade path that I can see just for Velvet alone, you have to do a $149 upgrade for the complete IEP3 pack to get it.....which you can get IF......you own any previous IEP version or any single AIR instrument with a serial number. Otherwise the pack is $500 which is way out of my league right now.
Old 04-06-2020, 03:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by L-Dogg View Post
Thanks for the info. I see it is now called Velvet 2 and is available at Avid or airmusictech.

I have a never expiring license for Velvet 1 on my iLok......but is that even considered an AIR Instrument?

Velvet2 is only $99 (only being subjective ) and I absolutely love the Rhodes sounds......but to get it less expensive would be nice-everything helps.

But there is no upgrade path that I can see just for Velvet alone, you have to do a $149 upgrade for the complete IEP3 pack to get it.....which you can get IF......you own any previous IEP version or any single AIR instrument with a serial number. Otherwise the pack is $500 which is way out of my league right now.
Check out Audio Deluxe as sometimes they have insanely inexpensive Airmusic software & upgrades. Certainly way less money than what you're finding.

QAPLA!
Old 04-06-2020, 04:10 PM

I'll go right now......thanks Jack.
Old 04-06-2020, 05:59 PM

Whoa.....$14.99!!! You are a star Jack-thank you very much. Tons of great software on there.......thanks for the heads up on the place..reminds me of Audiomidi.com which I used to use all the time.