Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-03-2001, 04:17 PM

Default No Playback through Headphones

I'm not able to get playback through the headphones. I can hear just fine while laying down the tracks, but when I go to playback, nothing. I have tried all the usual stuff people have suggested in other topics, like making sure the rec button is off on the tracks, reset all the I/O. Could it be a level problem? I have the outputs routed to 1 and 2 which the headphones are supposed to monitor and I currently have no other way to monitor but the headphones.
I am stumped.
Old 10-03-2001, 04:22 PM

Default Re: No Playback through Headphones

Stupid Q1:

Do you have a visible waveform in your playlist at the time of playback?
(Do you get one when recording?)

-Suggesting checking in/out assignments, in ProTools and MacOS

Ben
Old 10-03-2001, 04:23 PM

Have you checked the monitor mode button? (it should be depressed).

Do you have monitoring through monitors or do you currently only have a heaphone set to monitor through?

6am eternal
Old 10-03-2001, 04:30 PM

Yes I have a visible waveform. I have checked the in an out assignments over and they look right, although I suspect this is where I am breaking it.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by [Benjamin]:
Stupid Q1:

Do you have a visible waveform in your playlist at the time of playback?
(Do you get one when recording?)

-Suggesting checking in/out assignments, in ProTools and MacOS

Ben
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Old 10-03-2001, 04:32 PM

The monitor mode button should be depressed? I think the manual says the opposite. Regardless I have tried that and it doesn't do anything.
I am only using the headphones for monitoring. I have no other monitoring speakers setup at the moment.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by Kickin.da.speaker:
Have you checked the monitor mode button? (it should be depressed).

Do you have monitoring through monitors or do you currently only have a heaphone set to monitor through?
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Old 10-03-2001, 04:34 PM

Should Digi001 be the audio out device in MacOS sound control panel? I have loaded up the demo session and it plays back just fine through the speakers which is why I am doubly confused.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by kucharo:
I'm not able to get playback through the headphones. I can hear just fine while laying down the tracks, but when I go to playback, nothing. I have tried all the usual stuff people have suggested in other topics, like making sure the rec button is off on the tracks, reset all the I/O. Could it be a level problem? I have the outputs routed to 1 and 2 which the headphones are supposed to monitor and I currently have no other way to monitor but the headphones.
I am stumped.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Old 10-03-2001, 05:09 PM

Now I am confused. You said you didn't have speakers and then you said you could hear the demo fine through the speakers!

Whatever you hear through the speakers, you will hear through the headphone circuit.
http://www.videopark.com
MacPro 6 core 3.33 GHz, OS 10.12.1, 8 GB RAM, PT12.6.1, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, PreSonus DigiMax, MC Control V3.5, dual displays,
Neumann U-47, Tab V76 mic pre, RCA 44BX and 77DX, MacBook Pro 9,1, 2.3 Mhz, i7, CBS Labs Audimax and Volumax.
Ampex 440B half-track and four-track, 351 tube full-track mono, MM-1100 16-track.
Old 10-03-2001, 05:24 PM

Whoops. Sorry about that. Replace speakers with headphones. I can hear the demo fine through the headphones.
I cannot hear my session playback through the headphones.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by Park Seward:
Now I am confused. You said you didn't have speakers and then you said you could hear the demo fine through the speakers!

Whatever you hear through the speakers, you will hear through the headphone circuit.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Old 10-03-2001, 08:31 PM

Ok. If you can hear the demo we know that all the playback stuff is correct.

When you playback your stuff, do the meters move on the strip during playback?

Do you see a waveform in the edit windows?

Look at the demo song and do you have the tracks routed the same way (to the stereo outs)?

In fact add a track to the demo set-up and try to record something on it along with the demo stuff.

Add a master track to your mix and see if the meters move on that track.

Inquiring minds want to know!
http://www.videopark.com
MacPro 6 core 3.33 GHz, OS 10.12.1, 8 GB RAM, PT12.6.1, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, PreSonus DigiMax, MC Control V3.5, dual displays,
Neumann U-47, Tab V76 mic pre, RCA 44BX and 77DX, MacBook Pro 9,1, 2.3 Mhz, i7, CBS Labs Audimax and Volumax.
Ampex 440B half-track and four-track, 351 tube full-track mono, MM-1100 16-track.
Old 10-04-2001, 12:18 AM

The easiest thing for you to do would be to import the I/O settings from the demo session into the session that you can't hear. Obviously, if you can hear the demo from your headphones then your system works - there's just something wack with that particular session.

Open the demo session, go to Setups:I/O Setup, then export the settings (give them a name that you will be able to remember). Close the demo session, open your session that isn't working, delete all your I/O assignments in that I/O setup, then import the set you made from the demo session. Assign your tracks to the new analog outputs 1&2 and it should work. If it still doesn't work, then make sure that you haven't accidentally set your volume automation to zero on all the tracks. Otherwise I haven't got a clue...

Gills