Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools M-Powered (Win)

Old 03-03-2010, 11:47 PM

Default Re: Really upset with maudio/avid company

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigiTechSupt View Post
Is this 410 registered? Is it still within warranty?
I was informed in the music store, that because I did not pay the $54 dollars for the extended warranty, the unit does not fall under the warranty timeframe.
Even my girlfriend tried and they treated her like crap in the store.

I do not want another m-audio device in my house ever again,
and I stand very firm on that.

Quote:
We want to help, but I've looked up your info using your DUC profile email and can't find any registration, call or repair records related to any products you're discussing in this thread.

If you can give us the necessary info, we are more than happy to take care of you.
I appreciate it very much, but I don't think I have registered the device.
yes I know shame on me. I already know that.
But since 3 devices have now broken on me, I do not want another m-audio
in my studio ever again.
not even if m-audio paid me for it.
I am sorry, but I have reached my end with m-audio.

I am also very angry because I lost one of my biggest deals
with a record company, and now m-audio tainted my reputation because this.
and the person who recommended me to the remix is now very angry with me.

currently the 410 is in the garbage.

Old 03-04-2010, 12:52 PM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wavelabs View Post
I was informed in the music store, that because I did not pay the $54 dollars for the extended warranty, the unit does not fall under the warranty timeframe.
Even my girlfriend tried and they treated her like crap in the store.

I do not want another m-audio device in my house ever again,
I don't quite understand - we're not the store, meaning we don't operate or control what a store may do. I want to clarify that, as it seems you're blaming Avid/Digidesign for a situation that we were not involved in and had no control over.

As for the 'extended warranty' - we only sell those directly and they're only for support, not service. Any extended warranty they offered would be outside any warranty included with the product. If you were within the warranty time period that is included with the product, we absolutely will take care of you.

When was the product purchased and when did it fail? If you still have the original receipt or warranty card, we can get you registered and take care of anything that may be eligible for warranty service.

I also want to be absolutely clear on something - you say you were denied warranty service during a phone call to M-Audio. Is it possible you were calling the dealer and not M-Audio directly? I can't imagine someone from M-Audio denying a claim for a piece of gear that was in warranty and, as I said previously, we would have call records to refer to in cases like this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wavelabs View Post
I appreciate it very much, but I don't think I have registered the device.
yes I know shame on me. I already know that.
But since 3 devices have now broken on me, I do not want another m-audio
in my studio ever again.
not even if m-audio paid me for it.
I am sorry, but I have reached my end with m-audio.

I am also very angry because I lost one of my biggest deals
with a record company, and now m-audio tainted my reputation because this.
and the person who recommended me to the remix is now very angry with me.

currently the 410 is in the garbage.

I'm very sorry to hear that. If there's something we can do to change your mind, please don't hesitate to let us know.
Old 03-07-2010, 02:44 AM

Quote:
I'm very sorry to hear that. If there's something we can do to change your mind, please don't hesitate to let us know.
I will take you up on that offer,
a 192 unit with a HD1 card and HD software would be nice.