Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Third Party Interfaces

Old 03-27-2013, 10:44 PM

Default Behringer X32

Hi all,

After quite a bit of research, I recently got an X32 primarily for studio use, to replace my LE 002/Digimax D8 setup.

I Just wanted to see how many out there are doing the same (or thinking about it), and share our experiences (and woes).
(I haven't found too many dedicated PT/X32 forums yet)

At the moment I've got it set up and working in PT10.3.2, but I'm not getting any sound during playback. The signal is going to the desk though.

I'm not giving up yet and still trying to work it out...I'm pretty sure it's just me, I'm still trying to figure out the desk...(I hate reading manuals - until I need to).

Anyway, hoping we can get some good user stuff happening here.

Cheers,
DC
Old 03-27-2013, 11:38 PM

Default Re: Behringer X32

You have to route the FireWire channels to the channel inputs on the X32. That's what the virtual button with the FireWire insignia is for.

Buttdialed by me & Tapatalk

Mac Studio, 64GB RAM, 1 TB SSD, Glyph 2TB USB3 HDD, OWC drive dock, Mac OS Monterey 12.6.8

Pro Tools Ultimate 2023.9, HD Native, Focusrite Red 8Pre

Presonus Faderport, Pro Tools | Control
Old 03-28-2013, 01:52 AM

Hi Jimmy,

Appreciate the advice.

At the moment, I do have the signal returning to the X32...it's showing in the corresponding channel's meter display...just not getting any sound, so I think the routing from PT to the desk appears to be OK.

I haven't had any time to trouble shoot it yet. I'm sure (as usual) it's a simple thing.....the channel's muted or something stupid like that (hopefully).

I should get back to it tomorrow and have a crack at it. If I can't sort it out, I would definately appreciate any tips. I'll make sure I provide much more info on what the setup is.

Cheers,
DC
Old 03-29-2013, 01:45 AM

For info,

I've figured out the no playback sound issue from ProTools.
(A stupid routing error - as I suspected!!)

In a nut shell, all is working as advertised.

Cheers,
Old 03-29-2013, 08:38 AM

Dear DC,

This is Joe Sanborn with The Music Group.
Glad to hear you got your routing sorted out.
I would imagine it was just that the inputs needed to be set to Card in the Routing screen?

If I can be of assistance to your or any other user setting up an X32 with ProTools, please let me know.

Please also check the BEHRINGER X32 forums for up-to-date info and X32 discussions.
http://forum.behringer.com/

Also all Firmware updates and Video links are on the X32 product page:
http://www.behringer.com/EN/products/X32.aspx

I hope it helps.

Best Regards,
Joe Sanborn
Manager, Channel Marketing
MUSIC Group
BEHRINGER
Old 03-30-2013, 03:07 AM

Hi Joe,

Yep - that's exactly what it was....I had Aux1-4 instead of card 1-4 set.
I've been following the webinars and have found them vey helpful.

Thanks for your help.

Cheers,
Old 04-21-2013, 09:30 PM

Have you attempted anything regarding the x32's USB with Pro Tools? Can you really track 24-32 channels live via the USB into PT?
Pro Tools 10.x

Laptop:
Lenovo Y560p i7QC 8GB Ram
Windows 7 Pro x64
Pro Tools 10.x

Core 2 Duo 2.66 Asus P5Q
Pro Tools 10.x
Windows 7 Pro x64
Behringer x32 Console / Interface
Live Rig

Stuff:
Waves 7 Renn
Digi 002r & Behringer x32
Old 10-23-2015, 06:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC's Basement View Post
Hi all,

After quite a bit of research, I recently got an X32 primarily for studio use, to replace my LE 002/Digimax D8 setup.

I Just wanted to see how many out there are doing the same (or thinking about it), and share our experiences (and woes).
(I haven't found too many dedicated PT/X32 forums yet)

At the moment I've got it set up and working in PT10.3.2, but I'm not getting any sound during playback. The signal is going to the desk though.

I'm not giving up yet and still trying to work it out...I'm pretty sure it's just me, I'm still trying to figure out the desk...(I hate reading manuals - until I need to).

Anyway, hoping we can get some good user stuff happening here.

Cheers,
DC
Hello all. I have an x32 Rack I am using with pro tools 10 and 11. So I am now subscribed to this thread. Hope we can help each other out in here.

-Norm
Old 11-30-2015, 09:11 PM

I have an X32 and I am trying to figure a few things out. I have it working with Pro Tools 11 seamlessly, but I'm having a hard time with punching vocals, etc... I can get my track to record, but I'm monitoring off of the X32. It sounds great, until I hit playback. Then, it is dry and lifeless (unlike the channel strip I'm monitoring). I either want to hear the pro tools vocal track (1 & 2 L&R) all the time or have the recorded track play back through the x32 vocal channel, so playback sounds the same for punches. Also want the levels to be the same for monitoring and playback. Make sense?

Just as you can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel, you realize it's a train.....
Old 04-08-2017, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Sanborn View Post
Dear DC,

This is Joe Sanborn with The Music Group.
Glad to hear you got your routing sorted out.
I would imagine it was just that the inputs needed to be set to Card in the Routing screen?

If I can be of assistance to your or any other user setting up an X32 with ProTools, please let me know.

Please also check the BEHRINGER X32 forums for up-to-date info and X32 discussions.
http://forum.behringer.com/

Also all Firmware updates and Video links are on the X32 product page:
http://www.behringer.com/EN/products/X32.aspx

I hope it helps.

Best Regards,
Joe Sanborn
Manager, Channel Marketing
MUSIC Group
BEHRINGER
Hey Joe,

I'm hoping you can assist me with a connectivity issue I'm having. I have an x32 rack, firmware version 3.07. I have connected it with a mac running OS X Sierra 10.12.3 and pro tools 12.7.1 and no matter what I do I can not get the Mac to recognize the X-USB from the X32 rack. I've attempted to update the X-USB firmware but it either doesn't work or I get a message from terminal saying no hardware detected. I'm tearing my hair out, the last time I connected the x32 rack to pro tools via USB there was no issue at all, it was recognized right away and I multitracked our entire live set. Now for some reason my new iMac will not show up the X-USB option