Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-08-2011, 08:52 AM

Default record main outputs in protools

How can I record from the outputs of mbox into protools? example (record audio from a YouTube video into a protools track)
Old 09-08-2011, 10:13 AM

Default Re: record main outputs in protools

Well, in theory, you could patch the outputs to the inputs(TRS inputs), create a stereo audio track. Set the audio track output to NONE or to any random stereo bus(so you don't feed the recording track to the outputs, creating a feedback loop). Once you record the track, unpatch and change the track output to the main outs for listening. When I need to record something off the net, I just run a cable from my internet machine to my recording setup(my PT machine never connects to the internet). Personally, I only feed Pro Tools audio thru my interface. All other sounds on my PT machine go out via optical SPDIF(on the motherboard) and into my monitor/source selector(Presonus Central Station).

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 09-10-2011, 06:35 AM

Default Re: record main outputs in protools

Quote:
Originally Posted by albee1952 View Post
Well, in theory, you could patch the outputs to the inputs(TRS inputs), create a stereo audio track. Set the audio track output to NONE or to any random stereo bus(so you don't feed the recording track to the outputs, creating a feedback loop). Once you record the track, unpatch and change the track output to the main outs for listening. When I need to record something off the net, I just run a cable from my internet machine to my recording setup(my PT machine never connects to the internet). Personally, I only feed Pro Tools audio thru my interface. All other sounds on my PT machine go out via optical SPDIF(on the motherboard) and into my monitor/source selector(Presonus Central Station).
thanx a lot