Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 9
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-04-2011, 02:42 PM

Default No input from headphones!? HELP!

Hey!

I just recently purchased Pro Tools 9 and have everything set up as should be; however, I am having a few issues with the sound. When I attempt to record myself, the sound waves/meters are not present.

Am I forgetting to do something?

I had it set up and running properly but when I changed my mic, I ran into this issue. ***I plugged the original mic in yet it is still not working...
Old 06-04-2011, 03:15 PM

Default Re: No input from headphones!? HELP!

This is a known issue with the 1987 96-channel Neve console. Plugging a mic into channel 32 causes the headphones to cut out intermittently...

[Sarcasm OFF]

We really need a lot more information in order to help you...

Check this link: http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=300050 then post the necessary information and we'll probably be able to help you...
Note that all opinions, observations, whatever, in this post are mine, unless I'm being mean or am wrong, in which case it's somebody else's fault. I do not work for Avid (their loss)...my only relationship with Avid is that of a customer (when I'm not too poor to buy stuff, like now)...and that hot administrative assistant...that's more of a "thing" than a "relationship" (that should keep them guessing for a while...)

Just rockin'...what more is there?

Bill in Pittsburgh
Old 06-04-2011, 05:38 PM

well i have pro tools 9 with an mbox that came with my pro tools, which is hooked up to a dell inspiron 6400 operating on windows 7. i also have recently purchased the neccesary Ram of 2GB for my pc, now the problem that im having is when i try using my mic which is a MXL2006 it seems to not be recognized or powered by the mbox. i spoke to a tech at avid he told me i needed to press the 48v located on the mbox and also to press the rear buttom for port one, it worked but now when i try to do the exact same process it doesn't work. im guessing that it may be the input output settings, but i dont really know what they should be set to for this paticular mic. PLEASE HELP ME!!!
Old 06-04-2011, 08:32 PM

Do you have anything else to plug into the Mbox...a guitar?

If not, when the Mic cable is plugged into Mbox and you touch the Mic end of cable (Mic not plugged in) is there any indication of movement on the PT channel strip meter?

Is the Mbox showing up as playback Engine?
Setup/Playback Engine

If it is go to Setup/IO & click default button.

You need to provide exact information as to how your PT session is set up for more help.

Motherboard: Gigabyte Z690 AERO D
CPU: Intel Alder Lake Core i9-12900K
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15S
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR5 64GB (2x 32gb 5200MHz)
Drives: 2 x Samsung 980 Pro 2TB NVME PCIE 4.0 M.2 SSD (Record & Samples)
1 x Samsung 980 Pro 1TB NVME PCIE 4.0 M.2 SSD (OS Win 11 Pro)

GPU:Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3060 12GB GDDR6 PCIE 4
PSU: Corsair HX Series HX850 Platinim
CASE: Fractal Define XL R2
PT 11HD (v11.3.2) Omni s/pdif <> AxeFxIII
HD 96I/O
Old 06-05-2011, 07:20 AM

well i did i had already done the i/o set ups to default and yes theres indication on the gage but with no movement from my voice or any other sound and it also does show that the mbox is in use. i got a little sound also last night but it was distorted staticky like but it later went back out. i got that from turning the gain completly up on my mic port 1 which i done before but it didnt work then. im trying differenyt cables now i was using a 15 ft one now im going to use 3ft one. please help!!!
Old 06-05-2011, 08:00 AM

i was also wondering what should the i/o settings when you first open pro tools be? last used (for my mic which is the MXL2006) or some other paticular setting.
Old 06-05-2011, 08:01 AM

I'd recommend stopping now and read the reference guide. If you didn't know the needed to turn on phantom power for your condenser mic, you have a lot of learning to do. Read the book.
http://www.videopark.com
MacPro 6 core 3.33 GHz, OS 10.12.1, 8 GB RAM, PT12.6.1, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, PreSonus DigiMax, MC Control V3.5, dual displays,
Neumann U-47, Tab V76 mic pre, RCA 44BX and 77DX, MacBook Pro 9,1, 2.3 Mhz, i7, CBS Labs Audimax and Volumax.
Ampex 440B half-track and four-track, 351 tube full-track mono, MM-1100 16-track.
Old 06-05-2011, 08:10 AM

if your refering to the button with 48v as the phantom then yes i did do that. when i tap the from rear buttom afterwards it sometimes blinks green and then it doesnt should it blink or stay on.
Old 06-05-2011, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KhalilaM View Post
if your refering to the button with 48v as the phantom then yes i did do that. when i tap the from rear buttom afterwards it sometimes blinks green and then it doesnt should it blink or stay on.
to quote Park
Quote:
read the book
things this basic need to be "learned not told"...ff
Old 06-05-2011, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by formfunction View Post
to quote Park things this basic need to be "learned not told"...ff
agree.....you need to take a deep breath...read the reference guide