Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > General Discussion & Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 12-19-2003, 07:44 AM

Default digidelivery

I love Pro Tools, but I can't help but asking if someone thinks Digidelivery is worth the money... I will not discuss standard FTP as an option, but there are web-based messenger services (such as webcargo) who do the same thing...fast uploads, download notification, large file handling. Except that since they use professional (and legal) servers with broadband connections, people on the other end will end up dowloading much faster. Even more so if there are many simultaneous downloads.Over.
Old 12-19-2003, 01:24 PM

Default Re: digidelivery

I'm very interested in digidelivery.
If it would help me sell my service out of market.

Do you have a link to web cargo?
Old 12-20-2003, 06:20 AM

How much is it? I don't see any details on what's actually running under the covers. That would be important to me. If it's running some kind of windows server, then no way would I EVER put it out there and trust my data on it. If it's running some kind of UNIX, then I'd ve all for it (i.e. Solaris, Linux, etc... preferably Solaris). Keep in mind, these kind of services are fairly simple to set up, but if it interacts with ProTools, it's probably worth the money.

Does anyone have some *real* details about the product?

-Tom
Old 12-20-2003, 09:25 AM

here
and here
Old 12-31-2003, 05:06 PM

yo,

check it's at out www.webcargo.net I sent out a whole album in europe in SD2 24/96k files of remixes and 1 hour later, they were doing the pressing. It cost me about 20CAN$ I had no extra hardware to install and anyway, I couldn't because in Canada, internet providers won't let you have a server connected on their system.(which is what Digidelivery is anyway, a PC server that cost 1000$ and they rip off the front and stick up a Digi panel and sell it for 3000$.) And what happens if my internet connection is a modem? People will be calling home and download 1gig out of the phone line?

2trk