How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Artist Series
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-02-2024, 08:20 AM

Default Downgrading Studio To Artist

Hello and thanks in advance,

I've done some brief searching and haven't found a lot on this topic. If there is I apologize. And links to help me decide what to do would be greatly appreciated.

I am currently using Pro Tools Studio, with the renewing license. That cycles on the 27th of this month. After reading about Artist, it does everything I need and have ever done in Studio.

Are there issues with downgrading, and continuing with projects started in Studio?

It appears to run any plug in that I already own. But, are there issues that are known?

I am not sure what specifically to ask beyond "Am I going to regret it?" if I downgrade.

Thank you so much for any response or redirect.

Peace!

Joe
Old 02-02-2024, 12:32 PM
Avid

Default Re: Downgrading Studio To Artist

Hi Joe,

I would check first what version of Pro Tools are you using? Because if you're using version earlier that 2022.4 Pro Tools Artist will not work, but if you're on 2022.4 or higher you just need to have an Artist license and that should allow you to launch Pro Tools as Artist tier. You might have already seen this but just in case, here's a comparison chat for all Pro Tools Tier including Artist.

https://www.avid.com/pro-tools/comparison
To create an Avid Support Case, you may go to https://www.avid.com/learn-and-support/contact-audio-and-music-support
Old 02-02-2024, 01:38 PM

Thank you so much for the reply. I will review the chart you posted, but it sounds like I would be fine.

Have a great day!
Old 02-05-2024, 05:15 AM
Avid

Hi Bouzouki,

That sound greate and you're welcome! Please keep us posted for any further help needed.
To create an Avid Support Case, you may go to https://www.avid.com/learn-and-support/contact-audio-and-music-support
Old 02-05-2024, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bouzouki View Post
I am currently using Pro Tools Studio, with the renewing license. That cycles on the 27th of this month. After reading about Artist, it does everything I need and have ever done in Studio.
Just to be paranoid… what exactly do you mean by a “renewing license”?

And Charles may have already been able to check what license you have, but anyhow…

Hopefully you mean you are using a subscription and not talking about a perpetual license (with a support/update plan that also “renews”).

You can downgrade Pro Tools at a subscription renewal, you cannot downgrade a perpetual license (including you cannot do that when you renew the support/update plan).