Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Windows
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-02-2012, 01:46 PM

Default Advice on Transient Shaper - Waves TransX Native?

I could use a transient shaper now and again - for a bit more pluck on the bass, or to tamp down a bright and ringy acoustic guitar.

I can't think of an AIR or Digi plugin that does this - so I'm wondering about outside sources?

I'm just a hobbyists, so I'm not looking for a $5,000 WAVES bundle, though I hear they have great plugs. Which made me think of the TransX?

Or can anyone recommend similar (even FREE) out there in RTAS (I wouldn't even DREAM of AAX)?
Old 02-02-2012, 02:36 PM

Default Re: Advice on Transient Shaper - Waves TransX Native?

Flux gives away Bittersweet for free though I make no statement either for or against it.

Waves TransX is currently on sale for $49. I've never used it.

SPL Transient Designer is available for $199. I have the UAD version of Transient Designer and I like it very much.

Mac Studio, 64GB RAM, 1 TB SSD, Glyph 2TB USB3 HDD, OWC drive dock, Mac OS Monterey 12.6.8

Pro Tools Ultimate 2023.9, HD Native, Focusrite Red 8Pre

Presonus Faderport, Pro Tools | Control
Old 02-02-2012, 03:11 PM

Thanks - I didn't know about Bittersweet II, I guess I can try that out for free. And at $49.00 - TransX is pretty damn reasonable.

Anybody tried/using any of these - could give a bit more "here's my experience" to me?
Old 02-02-2012, 08:52 PM

I have Trans X, but haven't yet messed with it much, because I only recently got it as part of the Diamond bundle.

One thing that seems to set it apart from the others is that it has a multiband mode, where the effect can be applied differently to different frequency ranges, which really increases the versatility of it.

At $49, it's a no-brainer.

Here's a couple of interviews with big name mixers who talk about how they used Trans-X in hit songs.

The first is Jack Joseph Puig, using it on Fergie's "Big Girls Don't Cry" (acoustic guitar, bass).

http://www.soundonsound.com/sos/nov0...track_1107.htm

The second is Dave Pensado, who talks about using it on "Buttons" by the Pussycat Dolls. He also talks about it in general.

http://www.soundonsound.com/sos/jan0...track_0107.htm
Old 02-03-2012, 07:54 AM

Sounds like, for $49.00, Trans-X would give just what I'm hoping for. At that price, I think it's tonight's download to try - see if I bring out that motherpluckin' bass a bit more. Thanks again DUC and everyone!
Old 02-05-2012, 12:37 AM

Here's one... and it's free...

http://www.fluxhome.com/products/freewares/bittersweet2

I own the waves and the SPL versions. I tend to use the SPL version more often, but the waves is a great price right now. It has more "bells and whistles" If you are looking for a simple 2 button version, then the SPL is the way to go...

nexis