Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools M-Powered (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-09-2010, 12:38 PM

Default Re: M-powered pro will end ?????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shatzer View Post
Every (un-educated) musician thinks Pro Tools is what you should be running in the studio. Why? They don't know themselves. They just know that some big studios use it. And the other (slightly less un-educated) musicians will atleast know the differences between PT versions. But they will still think they are getting better quality if you tell them your using PT. Sheesh.

I agree about making do with what you have. And if you like something other than PT better, then you should definately use that. Especially if your workflow is faster and you feel more comfortable with it.

Then again, professionals use Pro Tools so thats what you should be trying to learn because everything else is inferior and lacks the quality PT gives you (just the software) and no ones mixes will ever be any good unless you use PT. I hope you're getting the lame sarcasm here.
Professionals, and many many others, use Pro Tools because of it's cross-platform capabilities.

Being able to work on a session at home, using M-Powered with a Windows PC, then taking it to a collaborator with LE, then to a professional studio with HD on MACs.

From what I've read over the years, no other major DAW comes close to this level of reliability when attempting a cross-over with another platform.
That's why it's an industry standard.
"Well, of course, their requests for subsidies was not Paraguayan in and of it is as it were the United States government would never have if the president, our president, had not and as far as I know thats the way it will always be. Is that clear?"- Chevy Chase, Spies Like Us.
Old 01-10-2010, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoRugMan View Post
Professionals, and many many others, use Pro Tools because of it's cross-platform capabilities.

Being able to work on a session at home, using M-Powered with a Windows PC, then taking it to a collaborator with LE, then to a professional studio with HD on MACs.

From what I've read over the years, no other major DAW comes close to this level of reliability when attempting a cross-over with another platform.
That's why it's an industry standard.
"Industry Standard" is over-used. Anyone can say something is "industry standard" and people will buy it. True, PT is easy to switch through studios, but most professionals dislike the idea of giving someone their tracks that they recorded or mixed.
Old 01-10-2010, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by asimmd View Post
I am surprised that no-one from the company has made a comment.
DigiTech did make a comment

PTMP 8.0.1 // FLStudio 9 // WinXP SP3 // Axiom Pro 49 // Delta 44 // Mackie HR624 // AKG K701 // Emu 6400 Classic
Old 01-11-2010, 03:34 AM

Yes, It's true that Digidesign did respond with an answer.
Seems that everyone missed it. So here it is "quoted"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigiTechSupt View Post
No one needs to worry about M-Powered going away.

The entirety of this thread was based on the removal of old product from the Sweetwater website. There should be no need to comment on something that has an obvious explanation, but I'm here to do it anyways, as it seems conspiracy theories get out of hand if I don't...
As I can tell from this part in the quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by DigiTechSupt View Post
The entirety of this thread was based on the removal of old product from the Sweetwater website.
I believe they only removed the version v7 of Protools M-Powered as everyone is now buying v8 and that v7 is no longer needed
because it is outdated and no longer sell-able in the market.
This is what I got from that quote.
If I am wrong, then Digidesign can respond with the correction.
Otherwise, I will count it as a correct info.