Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 11

Old 01-05-2020, 08:22 AM

Default ilk - pace installation problems for PT11

It has been over a year since I installed PT 11. I fully upgraded to Mac OSX High Sierra. PT 11 did install on the OS. I was quite surprised, but I can't open the software due to an ilk problem. I have searched and can't get an answer, but I get a window that says "A error occurred installing pace drivers. Try manually installing the latest drivers from ilk.com. See pic. That shows up after a window tries to install pace support and instantly disappears.

I am certain my drivers are up to date and I the ilk key is blue when plugged into a USB port.

Is there something I am missing. I was reading and is ilk now in its cloud?

Anyway this is confusing me and I am afraid to start messing around and mess something up.

Thanks in advance.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg pace support error.jpeg (22.7 KB, 0 views)
Old 01-09-2020, 05:18 AM

Default Re: ilk - pace installation problems for PT11

First off it's iLok and not ilk - big difference.
Try this:
Uninstall everything iLok related - I think they have an uninstaller. Then go to iLok.com and download the ILM software for your computer. Install it with your iLok plugged in to a working USB port. Question: are your USB ports USB2 or USB3? If the latter there's a known issue of iLoks having problems with that and the usual remedy is to have a powered USB hub between the iLok & computer.

You're going to have issues running PT 11 inside High Sierra. Amongst other issues is you can't use the import audio menu item to import audio. You have to do a drag and drop through the OSX Finder. There's a reason Avid has a compatibility page: http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/e...tibility-Chart

How did you upgrade to High Sierra - clean install or over the top of an existing OSX install? A clean install of everything is the best way to go otherwise you're leaving yourself open to all kinds of oddities. Exactly when did you install PT? Before or after the move to HS?

Maybe a moderator can move this thread to the PT11 forum as it doesn't seem like a PT First problem. But hard to say as the op doesn't say what version of PT11 he has.

QAPLA!