Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > FireWire & USB Audio Interfaces (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-30-2015, 12:45 PM

Default Re: Studio Live 32 channel mixer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Studio.RED View Post
32 inputs is enough for me, exacly what want. Right now i am looking at the Allen & Heath qu 32 wich looks to have all the things i want... there must be a flaw
HUI only with Pro Tools. Did they ever add DAW Control support for Windows? It was Mac only last time I looked. As to how good their ASIO drivers are you should check with somebody who has used them with Pro Tools.
Old 07-01-2015, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl Ramm View Post
HUI only with Pro Tools. Did they ever add DAW Control support for Windows? It was Mac only last time I looked. As to how good their ASIO drivers are you should check with somebody who has used them with Pro Tools.
well i found out that it technicly is possible but its not really nativly supported i thought. it could also be that it works with windows without their little midi converter program (thats so it works with mac then).. i do not know and i can't really find the answers anywhere..
Old 07-01-2015, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Studio.RED View Post
well i found out that it technicly is possible but its not really nativly supported i thought. it could also be that it works with windows without their little midi converter program (thats so it works with mac then).. i do not know and i can't really find the answers anywhere..
Their box does not talk HUI, instead they use software on the connected computer to convert whatever MIDI it does talk to HUI. You could manually map the few MIDI fader commands, but I suspect you really just want (Edit: HUI) support.

What they have on their Web site indicates there is not a Windows port of that software, ... but ask Allen & Heath or post questions on their user forums. Any A&H users on DUC are unlikely to even see this since it's a thread titled about a competing product asking what are really control surface questions in a forum area about interfaces. You ideally want to know first if it has HUI support on Windows, and then specific issues/known to work well with Pro Tools is a bonus.

Last edited by Darryl Ramm; 07-01-2015 at 03:57 PM.
Old 07-01-2015, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl Ramm View Post
Their box does not talk HUI, instead they use software on the connected computer to convert whatever MIDI it does talk to HUI. You could manually map the few MIDI fader commands, but I suspect you really just want MIDI support.

What they have on their Web site indicates there is not a Windows port of that software, ... but ask Allen & Heath or post questions on their user forums. Any A&H users on DUC are unlikely to even see this since it's a thread titled about a competing product asking what are really control surface questions in a forum area about interfaces. You ideally want to know first if it has HUI support on Windows, and then specific issues/known to work well with Pro Tools is a bonus.
thats a good idea yhea, thanks! have a good day