Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 9

Old 12-29-2014, 11:04 AM

Default iLok License & PT 9

Hi, this is my first post here, but really trying to get things working on my system. A couple of years ago, I purchased the crossgrade for PT9 and loaded it onto my computer and did the iLok connect with it and such... had zero issues. Since, I deleted from that computer, but want to reload the software to a new computer and such.

Here is the issue... I get everything plugged into my computer - the digi, the ilok key, etc... I load the software, but the iLok key that is attached to this software only (and it shows on my Avid account) does not show the license on the iLok key, so it won't allow me to fully load the software now.

So, if anyone can give me suggestions on how to get that license back on my iLok key, I would be quite thankful.
Old 12-29-2014, 11:20 AM

Default Re: iLok License & PT 9

Do you have the iLok License Manager installed? And you logged into your account and did a sync of the iLok correct?

What does it show?

Where did you buy the license? I only ask because there was a big dust up with iLok awhile back.

Do you have a receipt or anything? If you purchased from the Avid web store you should be able to call them and rectify it.
Old 12-29-2014, 11:24 AM

Yes, iLok manager is installed. It has been a little while, but I did attempt the sync and had no results. I purchased the crossgrade through the Avid store.

I actually sent them an email (Avid) and they told me to come here...
Old 12-29-2014, 12:08 PM

So, I just updated the iLok manager, signed back into it, plugged my iLok key that is connected with my PT 9 and it shows zero licenses and when I did sync, it made no change. Any other thoughts....
Old 12-29-2014, 12:12 PM

In the ILM do you see the PT9 license under the unactivated tab and if so, right click the PT license and choose activate then choose the ilok you have connected.

Chris

—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 12-29-2014, 12:28 PM

Nope, there is nothing listed...
Old 12-29-2014, 02:04 PM

If you had the license on your iLok, when did you notice it was gone? I ask because licenses don't just disappear from an iLok unless they are removed or moved in the sync process..... unless maybe you have a damaged iLok.

Either way, no one here (users) can help you, this is something that Avid and iLok must be involved in.

It would be best to call them. Make sure you have your iLok user ID handy, your Avid Account details, and any info you have that proves you purchased the Upgrade.
Old 12-29-2014, 02:12 PM
Admin Emeritus

Hi Connie, I will look into it and see what I can find.
Old 12-29-2014, 02:51 PM

Bruce - thanks! I just went through the entire process again... Reinstalled PT9 (downloaded from my account at Avid), installed updated drivers, plugged in the iLok and attempted to load PT. First I go an error message stating that: system contains drive(s) formatted with NTFS, which have volume names longer than 11 characters...

Not sure where to find these files - any idea?

Then when it does try to launch, I get a message that says no iLok key found, but it is plugged in.

When I load the iLok Manager, I see the iLok key (both of the keys that I have). The one that is attached to the account, has no license on it. The other has the plug-in licenses that I've had.
Old 12-29-2014, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Connie Scott View Post
Bruce - thanks! I just went through the entire process again... Reinstalled PT9 (downloaded from my account at Avid), installed updated drivers, plugged in the iLok and attempted to load PT. First I go an error message stating that: system contains drive(s) formatted with NTFS, which have volume names longer than 11 characters...

Not sure where to find these files - any idea?

Then when it does try to launch, I get a message that says no iLok key found, but it is plugged in.

When I load the iLok Manager, I see the iLok key (both of the keys that I have). The one that is attached to the account, has no license on it. The other has the plug-in licenses that I've had.
The 11 character error refers to the NAME you have for a hard drive.

Example drive R: (RECORDING DRIVE) that is too many characters, so I will right click the drive and re-name it to just (RECORDING). Keep in mind spaces count as a character.

If you have two iLoks are you certain that the license is not on the other key? You can plug both in at the same time and check.