Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-16-2018, 11:13 AM

Default Could not complete the Import Audio command because Assertion ... Line 570.

Hi! I'm new here.

I have a Macbook Pro (mid 2010), version 10.13. 3, OS High Sierra.

I run Pro Tools 10 through a firewire port on my G-drive (1TB) using my iLok. Recently I had tried to import some audio files into a new session (44.1 k 16 bit) and a dialog box popped up saying it could not be completed. This is the exact wording it came to:

Could not complete the Import Audio command because Assertion in "/Volumes/Development/ws.Ludwig/AlturePorts/NewFileLibs/Cfd/MacBuild/ ../MacOS/Cfd_ImportAudioDialogMacOS.mm", line 570.

Any ideas what this could mean? I've tried dragging and dropping the audio files as well and Pro Tools won't recognize it as anything. I've never had this problem before. I have a few projects I need to work on and this is the only thing that's keeping me!

Jo
Old 02-23-2018, 03:30 AM

Default Re: Could not complete the Import Audio command because Assertion ... Line 570.

I had a similar issue with pro tools 12.5.2 I still could drag and drop files but not import with +maj+I (it said line 603 if I remember) I reinstall everything but didn't do good. Eventually I saw a chinese topic who said (thanks to google translate) to downgrade to Sierra. Everything is fine now. HighSierra has a new format (APFS) I guess it's not fully supported by old protools.

I hope I helped.
Cheers
Old 02-23-2018, 04:52 AM

Default Re: Could not complete the Import Audio command because Assertion ... Line 570.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmuyco View Post
Hi! I'm new here.

I have a Macbook Pro (mid 2010), version 10.13. 3, OS High Sierra.

I run Pro Tools 10 through a firewire port on my G-drive (1TB) using my iLok. Recently I had tried to import some audio files into a new session (44.1 k 16 bit) and a dialog box popped up saying it could not be completed. This is the exact wording it came to:

Could not complete the Import Audio command because Assertion in "/Volumes/Development/ws.Ludwig/AlturePorts/NewFileLibs/Cfd/MacBuild/ ../MacOS/Cfd_ImportAudioDialogMacOS.mm", line 570.

Any ideas what this could mean? I've tried dragging and dropping the audio files as well and Pro Tools won't recognize it as anything. I've never had this problem before. I have a few projects I need to work on and this is the only thing that's keeping me!

Jo
Your problem is trying to run PT10 on an OSX version it will never be supported to run on. The last OSX to successfully run PT10 without issues is OSX 10.9.5 with the only thing being the PT uninstaller won't work. What do you mean by 'I run PT10 through a Firewire port on my G Drive'? Is PT10 installed on that drive? Programs are supposed to be installed on the system drive.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michy View Post
I had a similar issue with pro tools 12.5.2 I still could drag and drop files but not import with +maj+I (it said line 603 if I remember) I reinstall everything but didn't do good. Eventually I saw a chinese topic who said (thanks to google translate) to downgrade to Sierra. Everything is fine now. HighSierra has a new format (APFS) I guess it's not fully supported by old protools.

I hope I helped.
Cheers
APFS format only affects SSD's and not spinners. PT has nothing to do with whatever type drive format it's installed on.

IN either case when importing and having issues like these (especially if coming from an external drive) is to drag the file(s) to be imported to the drive PT is recording to or to the system drive. This sometimes helps.

QAPLA!