How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 11
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-04-2015, 10:20 AM

Default Pro Tools has encountered an unrecognized component and must now exit

Hello out there,,,,

Anytime I launch Pro Tools I received error message Pro Tools is corrupted and should be reinstalled.
And sometimes during PTs launch sequence I receive Pro Tools has encountered an unrecognized component and must now exit'

I have performed all optimization steps, but could not find update driver for network adapter Atheros AR8121/AR8113/AR8114 PCI-E Ethernet Controller.

SYSTEM INFORMATION

OS Name Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium
Version 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 Build 7601
System Type x64-based PC
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q8300 @ 2.50GHz, 2499 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)
SMBIOS Version 2.5
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 7,00 GB
Total Physical Memory 7,00 GB
Available Physical Memory 5,50 GB
Total Virtual Memory 14,0 GB
Available Virtual Memory 12,4 GB
Speed 7,200 rpm
Hard disk space 1 terabyte hard disk Sata
ATI Radeon HD 4300/4500 Series
Atheros AR8121/AR8113/AR8114 PCI-E Ethernet Controller Standard Dual Channel PCI IDE Controller
Intel(R) ICH10 Family USB Universal Host Controller

G-DRIVE 2 TB –USB 3.0, eSATA, and FireWire interface EXTERNAL HARD DISK

Maschine Manufacturer Native Instruments

Saffire Pro 40 Audio interface
Manufacturer Focusrite A.E.

Name M-Audio Axiom Pro 61
Manufacturer M-Audio

Does anyone out there has an idea?

Thanks

Ken
Old 03-04-2015, 10:27 AM

Default Re: Pro Tools has encountered an unrecognized component and must now exit

Did this ever work? What did you change? Did you try reinstalling Pro Tools?

So download a fresh image of Pro Tools from Your Avid account and try to install that.

if that does not work, grab a new disk and do a clean Windows 7 SP1 install on it, install the ILM and only the absolutely needed drivers (e.g. graphics and audio interface), don't update/change anything else. Do *not* install any anti-virus crapware. Install Pro Tools on top of that new Windows install. Does that work?

7GB of RAM? really? How about a proper Sandra report... follow the directions carefully or see many other posts on DUC for what that should look like.
Old 03-04-2015, 11:08 AM

Default Re: Pro Tools has encountered an unrecognized component and must now exit

Darryl Ramm Darry

I uninstalled and reinstalled PT 11 times without number, but to no avail. I have 6 bundles of PLUG-INS, including 3 Daw and other virtual instruments. If i had to Reinstall windows 7 64 sp1 it will take me three days to completely install and update all that plugins.I have to be quite sure that the problem is windows ,otherwise it is a waste of time. Pro Tools 10 was working just fine, but the problem started soon I upgrade to 11. I was running both 10.3.9 and 11.3 but there was a lot conflicting issues. I decided to upgrade most of my RTAS plugins to aax plugins, I had to uninstalled PT 10.3.9 and stay on PT 11 and that was when this error problem started. Avid customers support ask me for a remote session and I am waiting on them. I am a seasoned Pro Tools user, but this is complicated.
Old 03-04-2015, 11:35 AM

I am sorry but I wont pay a cent for Sandra software.
Old 03-04-2015, 01:17 PM

Avid induces includes a copy of the Sandra software

C2Q is a massively unsupported CPU
7GB of RAM is also a red flag

"Fly High Freeee click psst tic tic tic click Bird Yeah!" - dave911

Thank you,

Craig
Old 03-04-2015, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seaants View Post
I am sorry but I wont pay a cent for Sandra software.
See how we can tell you are not actually reading the details under the "Help us Help You - READ THIS Before Posting!".. it explains there that Sandra Lite is free for personal use. You just need to read and follow the detailed instructions. And yes we are asking becasue there are enough concerns raised already about the system.
Old 03-04-2015, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seaants View Post
Darryl Ramm Darry

I uninstalled and reinstalled PT 11 times without number, but to no avail. I have 6 bundles of PLUG-INS, including 3 Daw and other virtual instruments. If i had to Reinstall windows 7 64 sp1 it will take me three days to completely install and update all that plugins.I have to be quite sure that the problem is windows ,otherwise it is a waste of time. Pro Tools 10 was working just fine, but the problem started soon I upgrade to 11. I was running both 10.3.9 and 11.3 but there was a lot conflicting issues. I decided to upgrade most of my RTAS plugins to aax plugins, I had to uninstalled PT 10.3.9 and stay on PT 11 and that was when this error problem started. Avid customers support ask me for a remote session and I am waiting on them. I am a seasoned Pro Tools user, but this is complicated.
And every sign you have shows somethign seriously corrupted on your system. That is not likely to fix itself. Maybe Pro Tools, maybe some plugins, maybe Windows itself, maybe something else, but somethign is seriously screwed up.

But the steps to try to fix this should be pretty clear. Do you have a known good working backup? If so roll back to that now.

You can also try trashing prefs, and manually moving all plugin files out of the plugin folder and see if Pro Tools then starts. If not then get started doing a Windows install.. ideally to a new/spare drive. And test Pro Tools works first as soon as you can before installing other stuff, plugins etc.

How many days of downtime has this caused already?
Old 03-18-2015, 10:09 AM

Ramm Darry,

I did a lot of research, and figured out it was the iLok License Manager, and AIR Instrument Expansion Pack 2.0.2 bundle. Meanwhile, I purchased and installed Windows 7 Professional service Pack 1 to find out if windows was the issue. I also bought Nvidia Quadro FX 4600 768MB if graphic card was the problem.

The iLok is working perfectly after managing License Manager, activating licenses to the iLok and my machine. But AIR Instrument Expansion Pack 2.0.2 bundle still corrupt and conflicting with Pro Tools. I really don't know if someone out there has AIR Instrument Expansion Pack 2.0.2 or 2.0.04.?
I have contacted inMusic Brands, but they are not responding like professionals.
Old 03-18-2015, 11:25 AM
Admin Emeritus

The version X.0.4 updates are free for owners of the Air Instrument Expansion Pack v2.0.2.

If you did not receive an email notification from AIR, see this article in the Support > Knowledge Base:
AIR Software - Upgrade Instructions
Quote:
This article details how to use the codes and links provided by the Upgrade Email Notification Utility.

The automated Upgrade Email Notification Utility can be used to retrieve any Promo Codes or Activation Codes associated with your email address
You will need those activation codes to authorize the latest versions.

You can download the updates from each of the product pages for the plug-ins, in the UPDATES tab for each product:
Old 03-18-2015, 12:13 PM

Bruce P,

I did received update email notification from inMusic Brands Customer Support. I have activation codes and digital unlock keys.

There is no installation issue with Hybrid,Velvet,Vaccum Pro and Loom.
I have installation issue with Strike, Structure and Transfuser. I have downloaded different copies of AIR Instrument Expansion Pack, but unable to install Strike, Structure and Transfuser.
During installation { Setup option), what options should I choose? .. Should I uncheck 32 bits? There is problem in the factory contents location C:\ProgramData\AIR music Technology, There is no such path on window 7 64 bit. There is a C:\Program Files and not C:\ProgramData\AIR music Technology.

Sometime during extraction of files you get alert message insert disk 1 of 3, and there is no sub menu or path to insert disk one.

PTIE installation was that easy when Avid owned Air Music Tech. Nearly a month, Inmusic brand can not fix this issue.