Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 9
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-21-2011, 09:33 PM

Default Learning Curves, Updates, and Pro Tools 9

With all the complaints and griping going on in a number of these forums - And since I do know that Avid does in fact read these - I just want to give a positive shout out to the developers and programmers at Avid.

You guys nailed it with this products. I've used most of the major DAWs out there and always avoided PT due to the limited hardware interfaces available. PT9 is my first experience with Digidesign/Avid products and I am just blown away in the interface, tweak-ability, and customizability of this product.

While I know there are bugs here and there, for me there are really simple work-arounds for them. I just wanted to say 'thank you' for an outstanding product.

As a software developer myself, I know first hand how amazing it is to find out all the different ways that users will "break" your code and chasing those safeguards and compatibility issues.

My only thought is that it would be a better model to update the software more often with less fixes then one big update every 6 months with lots of fixes. It gives your users a feeling of 'I know they're working on stuff'.

This product, to me, is like buying a car and finding a new gadget every single time I drive it. I don't think I could ever have time to get "buyers remorse" with PT9. I just can't imagine learning all the things this can do in 10 years. The shortcut keys alone are completely daunting LOL! :) The documentation for them is a manual all to itself.

Thank you for an excellent product - I will be learning on this product alone for years to come. I can't think of a better compliment for software - It is simply so powerful and flexible that the learning curve is virtually endless.

Thank you - A customer for life.

Win 7 Pro 64bit | i7 950 Bloomfield | 12G Kingston HyperX DDR3-1600 Mem | 2x Seagate Barracuda 2T 6Gb/s hard drives | ASUS ENGTX460 1G GDDR5 Graphics Card.
Old 02-22-2011, 02:35 AM

Default Re: Learning Curves, Updates, and Pro Tools 9

+1

(Loved v7, slightly dissatisfied with v8... amazed with v9!)