Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Other Products > MIDI

Old 08-30-2010, 03:07 PM

Default Re: Axiom Pro comments?

If it's as easy as running the 8.04 installer and then the 8.1 agaion sure. Youa are very helpfulm but not Digi techsuport right?

best
Janne A.
Quote:
Originally Posted by filosofem View Post
houser, can you uninstall Pro Tools HD 8.1.0cs1 and install Pro Tools HD 8.0.4 to verify that the Axiom Pro still exhibits the same problems?
Old 08-30-2010, 03:18 PM

Hi Janne, no I'm not Avid Audio Support, I'm User Support.

Ummm... what I'm trying to narrow down is whether PT HD 8.1.0 is the stem of your issue. As this might be a bug regarding PT HD 8.1.0. But only further regression is going to prove otherwise. That is you might need to as the term goes, help us help you.
Old 08-30-2010, 05:21 PM
Avid

Which model of the Axiom Pro do you have - the newer, second generation with DirectLink, or the older version? And is it the 25, 49 or 61 key model?

Can you tell me exactly how you have it configured in the Setup>Peripherals>MIDI Controllers window?
Old 08-30-2010, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigiTechSupt View Post
Which model of the Axiom Pro do you have - the newer, second generation with DirectLink, or the older version? And is it the 25, 49 or 61 key model?

Can you tell me exactly how you have it configured in the Setup>Peripherals>MIDI Controllers window?
DTS, ummm... Janne must have her *ahem 'Axiom Pro' configured correctly as any other Peripheral setup renders the 'Axiom Pro' useless. Meaning no F Group Buttons will work, in fact. Janne says that Track Record Enable (F2-F3) does not work but Mute (F4) and Solo (F5) only Solo. Point being, if F4 and F5 produce Solo, HyperControl must be configured.

DTS, is there any mention of this being a Known Issue in the PT HD 8.1.0. Read Me?
Old 08-31-2010, 04:30 AM

I sincerely hope it is a new one...as I bought it a few days ago...
It is th 61 key model and when I boot up it says:
Mar 5 2009
V1.14-0082C K:01.01 P:OK!

And yes, it is configured as per M-audio instructions and many functions do work as advertised.
Incuding bankshift, insert and play/stop/rev faders, knobs in plugins etc...

I tried downgrading to 8.04 but the problems where the same, so I now upgraded back to 8.1cs1

thanx!

Quote:

Old 08-31-2010, 08:29 AM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by filosofem View Post
DTS, ummm... Janne must have her *ahem 'Axiom Pro' configured correctly as any other Peripheral setup renders the 'Axiom Pro' useless. Meaning no F Group Buttons will work, in fact. Janne says that Track Record Enable (F2-F3) does not work but Mute (F4) and Solo (F5) only Solo. Point being, if F4 and F5 produce Solo, HyperControl must be configured.

DTS, is there any mention of this being a Known Issue in the PT HD 8.1.0. Read Me?
Ummm....not quite. I've seen Peripherals setups with other devices in them that are set incorrectly cause problems with any number of controllers.

Freak behavior, definitely, and not very common - but it has happened, which is why I asked. I guess I should have asked if there were any other devices setup in Peripherals.

Can you test this from a new administrator account? That will help narrow down if the problem is specific to the user account or system-wide.

Also, I'm not sure if you have access to another Pro Tools system, but testing it there will also help give us information about where the problem lies. It could be a defective keyboard, but it's difficult to say for sure yet.

Have you tried a preset reset? Hold down + and - while powering the Axiom Pro on to restore the factory default presets and see if that changes anything.
Old 08-31-2010, 11:23 AM

Quote:

DTS has a 2nd generation Axiom PRO been released? i have been looking around and find no mention.
Old 08-31-2010, 11:53 AM

Hello,

I tried the reset of presets to no avail. I can try it on my LE system if hypercontrol works with LE.

thanx
Janne A.

Quote:
Ummm....not quite. I've seen Peripherals setups with other devices in them that are set incorrectly cause problems with any number of controllers.

Freak behavior, definitely, and not very common - but it has happened, which is why I asked. I guess I should have asked if there were any other devices setup in Peripherals.

Can you test this from a new administrator account? That will help narrow down if the problem is specific to the user account or system-wide.

Also, I'm not sure if you have access to another Pro Tools system, but testing it there will also help give us information about where the problem lies. It could be a defective keyboard, but it's difficult to say for sure yet.

Have you tried a preset reset? Hold down + and - while powering the Axiom Pro on to restore the factory default presets and see if that changes anything.
Old 08-31-2010, 12:06 PM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by browniespeaks View Post
DTS has a 2nd generation Axiom PRO been released? i have been looking around and find no mention.
Yes, you can see them here:

http://www.m-audio.com/index.php?do=...ardcontrollers
Old 08-31-2010, 12:06 PM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by houser View Post
Hello,

I tried the reset of presets to no avail. I can try it on my LE system if hypercontrol works with LE.

thanx
Janne A.
Ok, let us know what you find. We'll get this sorted one way or the other...