How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Other Products > MIDI
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-22-2010, 11:52 PM

Default Re: Midi Input Port 'None'

The easiest way to describe the probem is:
where in your 003 Rack+ manual can you find some informations about your MIDI I/O?

Probably the MIDI input is good to check incoming MIDI data, nothing more.
Old 11-15-2010, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigiTechSupt View Post
Yes and no - we're still investigating what's going wrong and are trying to get a solid repro case. We had one, but the problem suddenly disappeared again, though we did get some possibly useful info out of it.

Hopefully we'll have the root cause nailed down shortly.
Hi,

This post was a year ago...is there any news on this issue? I'm having problems in 8.0.3cs2.
Old 11-15-2010, 08:18 PM

It seems the solution is to revert to 7.4 or upgrade to 9

Does anyone know if Pro Tools 9 has these same issues???

I'm having this same problem with Protools 8, Digi 003 and a Quad Mac Pro
Old 11-27-2010, 03:20 PM

I'm having this issue after upgrading from 7.3.1 to 9. But I'm on WinXP (SP3), which is not supported, so... Win7 discs are in the mail to me, after a week of OS purgatory with the downloadable ostensible installers. But it sure would be nice to have MIDI before then - the 002R is my only interface. I had a great deal of trouble getting the drivers to install at all. Had to do it in Safe Mode, as the Install Shield exe wouldn't even run on my normal system.

PT 2023.12 Ultimate | Clarett+ 8Pre | macOS 13.6.3 on a MacBook Pro M1 Max
PT 2023.12 | Saffire Pro 40 | Win10 latest, HP Z440 64GB
Old 12-07-2010, 06:28 AM

All right: One more time...

The manual don't discribe any MIDI interface. In fact the MIDI Input is probably a LED and shows if MIDI gets in!
Old 03-29-2011, 05:04 AM

I'm still trying to find an help, or at least understand how to solve my problem beetween my new PC + 003rack + win7 + digi asio driver, and third part audio-midi softwares...like cubase5 and soundforge...midi problem i can't resolve it! help!!

sorry for my English, I will try to explain and understand...

...this is my new experience:

..I state...
(for now I use another desktop PC that I have for three years (assembled with Asus P5K + mb nvidia graphic card) with winxpProSp3 ... works perfectly: digi003 (digi ASIO v.7.4+cubase5+protools7.3-7.4+winxp), everything works! no audio-midi problems ! perfect performances and stability !

PC has now changed and also Windows, from XP to win7

(New PC: mb Asus P7P55D-e + i5 quadcore + Ati sapphire hd5450 graphic card + ddr3-1600 + Dualch + 2Hd SATA3 6GB/s "os" and "audio files")

I found several problems with this new system ...

these are my latest updates on the test-problems between the new desktop PC and 003rack + win7-32bit + new digi asio driver and cubase5 or soundforge10:

(I tried to install win7 64bit, but nothing changes, does not work, same problems!

(Performed throughout the guide for avid digidesign-003 + windows7)

1394 firewire controller (integrated asus MB): I have tried all the drivers available and compatible with Windows, nothing changes, including the drivers there is no difference in performance, or use ... all work the same way ... legacy, non-legacy, 1394 "VIA" chip,... remain for all versions of the same asio-softwares related problems listed below:

problems:

1) Cubase audio play out sound distortion, but not for all versions of drivers...

2) SoundForge Graphic locked-freeze!, Goes to play audio well but its graphics does not move! (the playback bar position, vu-meters, the flow of wave in the window ..) do not move in real time with the 'sound!

3) the "midi in" software input signal disappearing from cubase when I click "ok" on the control panel of the ASIO digi003 driver (on the 003, however, the "midi in" led continues to flash when I push the keyboard notes midi)

DIGI ASIO Drivers test:

_v.9.0.265_ (single file present in the avid download, it is not specified 32bit or 64bit)
_cubase audio out "crackles" distorted! (1)
_the MMERefresh.exe application is Not installed by driver installation!
- Remains the problem of "midi" that disappears from cubase when I push "ok" on the digi asio control panel (3)
- SoundForge problem real-time graphics, not moving (2)

_v.9.0_ (single file present in the avid download, it is not specified if 32bit or 64bit version)
_not works! same problems as v.0.0.265...

_v.8.0.3__ (single file present in the avid download, it is not specified if 32bit or 64bit version)
_This version finally get the application MMERefresh.exe! ... but does not install the driver properly until the end, so Windows 7 does not see the audio device digi003! (As if not installed!) Cubase also does not see the asio digi003 then impossible to test audio-midi-asio

_v.8.0.4beta 32bit (there is also the 64bit version, it works the same as 32bit version)
_with this version the cubase audio is fine! (play and rec, Inputs and Outputs)! does not distort with any ASIO buffer value.
- SoundForge no longer has a graphic problem! Graphics now moves correctly with the audio in real time!
- But not installed MMERefresh.exe! and there remains the problem of "midi in" disappears from cubase when pushing "ok" on the digi asio control panel ...

from these results I left v.8.0.4beta installed, at least the general audio performances ​​are fine! as they should be! (Play-rec-Inputs+outputs)!
remains only the problem of "midi in" disappearance ...to reappear in cubase do I disable and enable "digital F003 midi in/out" from "settings-midi" in cubase ...

to the problem of "midi in" I'm thinking maybe the cause is related to the failure to install the "MMERefresh.exe" ... because ..?!?...

MMERefresh.exe + application is a background service that is installed during the 'audio digidesign driver installation:

MMERefresh.exe - General Information

Name:
MMERefresh.exe (Digidesign MME Binder)
Publisher
Digidesign, A Division of Avid Technology, Inc.
Product:
Digidesign MME Binder
Default location:
% ProgramFiles% \ Digidesign \ Drivers \ MMERefresh.exe
MMERefresh.exe - Description and Recommendation

Part of Digidesgin Protools. Refreshes your midi ports on the 002 (R) (the 002R is a hardware audio / midi converter connected to your computer via firewire). Must be running in order to use the MIDI Functionality of the Digi002R.
MMERefresh.exe - Uninstall Techniques

I tried to copy the file mmerefresh.exe (which is installed by v.8.0.3) and start it using the ASIO driver 8.0.4beta (best driver for now), but does not solve the "midi in" problem, Perhaps there is an incompatibility between different versions of digi drivers and MME, or between MME-win7
(I repeat that I never had these problems with the other old pc+winXP+digi driver 7.4, I always had a "MMERefresh.exe" installed and started)

do not remain that the following tests:

- To use another PCI Firewire (instead of the one integrated on the mb) ... let's see if anything changes ...

- Install and change the video card? install a nvidia instead of ATI ...incompatible graphic card?

after, if not resolve, the last idea for now is to install "win xp pro sp3" even on the new PC, with the old digi asio driver v.7.4 for XP and see how it goes ... if they are all the problems described ...

I would not want that winXp is not able to handle the full performance of my new hardware pc, especially for the new intel cpu i5 760 2.8-8mb "quadcore", the speed of nu DDR3 1600, and the new HD-controller SATA3 6Gb/s...I don't know for sure how "winxp pro sp3" performance the new hardware on this pc....however it 's important that the programs I used before (especially cubase5 and soundforge10) work perfectly as on another old pc with winxp, perhaps I'll have to make do with performance a little lower ...

Thanks for Help-support!