Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Other Products > MIDI
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-11-2009, 01:54 PM

Default Re: M-Audio Keyboard.bundle in Pro Tools 8

Thx gruddle...actually I have already uploaded and am using your preset 20 with my axiom 49. Not sure why but I had some initial trouble where enigma kept crashing when Id try to load it. I reinstalled enigma and rebooted and eventually got it loaded and working :)

Now the faders all work on the actual tracks themselves....I see how you set the zone buttons to move from track to track...thank you. What I need to know and you may already have programmed is how do I get the faders to stop working on the mix window individual tracks and instead work on Xpands instrument. Example, I have the actual xpand instrument open and I am trying to get the volume faders and roto knobs to work in the actual Xpand page. Ive tried the midi learn function with zero luck. It is quite possible Im doing something wrong...Ive tried watching youtube videos and my situation just simply is not working like it should. Ive yet to get one thing to midi learn.

please pardon me, this is my first midi experience...i realize it is entirely possible that i am a moron
Old 04-12-2009, 07:21 AM

Hello,

In my template only the knobs are set to MIDI learn.

To set sliders use the same CC's as I used for the knobs (102, 103, 104, 105, 106 ,107, 108 and 112)

NOTE the track MUST be selected for MIDI learn to work, it is NOT enough for the plug-in to be visible.

Cheers

evs
Old 04-12-2009, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gruddlebug View Post
Hello,

In my template only the knobs are set to MIDI learn.

To set sliders use the same CC's as I used for the knobs (102, 103, 104, 105, 106 ,107, 108 and 112)

NOTE the track MUST be selected for MIDI learn to work, it is NOT enough for the plug-in to be visible.

Cheers

evs
gruddle,
Thank you for the response. I went in enigma and renamed the first 4 sliders to 102-105...saved it....then pushed it to my axiom. I then went into PT8cs2 and opened my session. I clicked on my 3rd track that had the Xpand I wanted to manipulate. I then clicked on the Xpand insert on the correct track to open it. I then tried to 'midi learn' several different ways with no sucess. I tried to right click the A volume fader and select 'midi learn'...then I moved the first slider on my axiom assigned to cc102. No luck. I tried a few other ways with Learn, selecting A Fader or trying a new control set. No luck. I also tried to use the roto knobs instead and they did nothing either.
I do not have any trouble with the transport buttons or controlling the sounds via the keys so I believe the keyboard itself is working correctly. Im just not telling it or PT8 something right!
I had to leave for work but I will try to make a screen video of what Im doing on my pc to show you. Im working 6 12.5 hour night shifts in a row right now so after the 12.5 hour shift, 2 hours of driving and trying to sleep I didnt have enough time to squeeze it in today. I really appreciate all your help.
Thx again,
Amber
Old 04-12-2009, 11:53 PM

Hello,

Try this on the Axiom (don't bother with Enigma)

1. Move a fader on the Axiom and the CC will show up on the LCD (fader 1 = 33 in my setup).

2. Press the Ctrl Assign button then the number you want, say 102, and it should now be set.

3. Select Xpand track in Pro Tools.

4. In Xpand right click (or ctrl click) the required volume fader and select Learn MIDI CC from the pop up menu.

4. Move the newly assigned fader on the Axiom and Xpand should pick it up.

Works for me, hope it helps

Cheers

evs
Old 04-13-2009, 04:05 AM

Quote:
Hello,

Try this on the Axiom (don't bother with Enigma)

1. Move a fader on the Axiom and the CC will show up on the LCD (fader 1 = 33 in my setup).

2. Press the Ctrl Assign button then the number you want, say 102, and it should now be set.

4. In Xpand right click (or ctrl click) the required volume fader and select Learn MIDI CC from the pop up menu.

4. Move the newly assigned fader on the Axiom and Xpand should pick it up.

Works for me, hope it helps

Cheers

evs
That worked perfectly! I assigned the first 4 faders on Axiom 102-105. I could then right click in Xpand, Learn Midi CC and ta-da! Excellent instructions.

Can you explain to me what worked about that? I now want to make the rotos work Is there a certain midi learn range that I should know about and be using for the faders and rotos and pads? Im a 100% midi noob so please excuse the possibly silly question.

Now I can go to sleep knowing Ive finally got one more thing right. Thx again.
Old 04-13-2009, 04:51 AM

Hello,

I got the initial values by looking at the Axiom 49 Preset 17 (Use for MIDI Learn) in Enigma, although some CC's (like 109) don't seem to work properly and do strange things.

It's all been a little bit of trial and error to tell the truth.

Cheers

evs
Old 04-13-2009, 02:28 PM

Thank you Gruddle. Ill look at 17 and see what I can figure out on my own from here. You've done a great job pointing me in the right direction. Thx again!
Old 05-21-2009, 11:34 AM

Quote:

I did that with the Pan knob and it worked. Then I tried to do it with FX 1 and it moved WITH the pan. I've tried getting them to work seperately, but fail miserably.