Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 2018
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-30-2018, 10:33 PM

Default Support Ticket Waiting Time

I submitted a request for support yesterday and I'm just wondering how long it's going to take to get help?

I'm trying to renew my support plan purchased from an authorized reseller (Ultimate perpetual license) and I'm having a problem getting it to work. Avid is going to need to do an override for my particular situation. Haven't had to contact them about anything in 10 years or more so just wondering how long it's going to be. I'd like to have access to what I paid for.
Old 11-30-2018, 10:52 PM

Default Re: Support Ticket Waiting Time

They have been very fast for me. Usually get a response within 24 hours.

Because you mention you are trying to renew it - is your old support plan still current?
Old 12-01-2018, 11:25 AM

No, it's not which is why I was wondering if they're ever going to respond. I purchased renewal while my plan was still active but I didn't actually activate it. That's the issue.
If they don't/won't respond to support tickets from people who don't have an active plan, then you shouldn't have access to the form.
Old 12-01-2018, 11:47 AM

You filed a free licensing support case online right? Here http://avid.force.com/Support/RegistrationCaseCreation... and got past the second page where it asks you for your contact info?

If you really are stuck and it's desperate then buy an ASC and call there phone support.

Otherwise I expect jeffro will see your post here and see what is happening. However you did this if you have an incident number post that here and it will help folks get to you faster.
Old 12-01-2018, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl Ramm View Post
You filed a free licensing support case online right? Here http://avid.force.com/Support/RegistrationCaseCreation... and got past the second page where it asks you for your contact info?

If you really are stuck and it's desperate then buy an ASC and call there phone support.

Otherwise I expect jeffro will see your post here and see what is happening. However you did this if you have an incident number post that here and it will help folks get to you faster.
Yes, I filled out the free licensing support form and the form in the support portal. It's not super urgent so I have no need to buy an ASC. I'm rebuilding one of my systems and I'd like access to all the stuff I've paid for.

My case number is 03602648.
Old 12-05-2018, 12:12 PM

Still waiting...