Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Windows

Old 01-04-2012, 08:39 PM

Question Avid Pro Tools MP9 Audio Setup Confusion

Hello All,

New to the forums and this is my first go-around with Pro Tools. I've looked online and scanned the forums and it seems like every different setup has a different method of setup and I cannot seem to figure out what to do here.

System Setup:
PC Windows 7 Ultimate (64-Bit)
M-Audio MobilePre MKII Preamp
Pro Tool M-Powered (MP9) Version: 9.0.5
Audio-Technica AT2050 Mic
Downloaded ASIO4ALL 2.1.0

Problem:
I first of all am starting out at just trying to get audio to come through my soundcard period. I also need to figure out how to get the microphone setup but I figure I would take it step by step.

This is my first time ever having to go this in-depth with an interface before. I have gone into Setup > Hardware in order to find the ASIO4ALL choice on the list but the only thing that seems to be showing up is the MobilePre for some reason. I saw in a forum that this is the route I wanted to take in order to setup my audio output. If this is wrong I apologize but it seemed to be the only answer I could find related to my issue.

If anyone has any advice on what steps I can take to get the audio output it would be greatly appreciated. Also, any advice/walkthrough on how to setup Pro Tools for on my mic through the MobilePre would be greatly appreciated as well!

BTW, All I am doing at the moment is strictly using Pro Tools for a vocal recording studio. I use a 3rd party setup to make the music tracks and I have already figure out how to import the actual track onto a track in Pro Tools. Only issue now is getting out playback and microphone setup!

Thank you all!