Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)

Old 08-07-2007, 03:21 PM

Default Pro Tools plug ins on midi track????????????????????????????

i am using pro tools 6.7 le with reason 3.0 on a mac g4

i have 2 auido tracks going with reason through rewire one left and one right outputs( i dont know if thats right?)

in my reason i have reason drums 2.0(instead of micing a real kit)

i opened a midi track through pro tools and made the send go to the kick drum in reason (one midi track with the kick)

i want to put a little thump to the kick becasue its bland so i want to use a tone generrator and a gate through the midi track with the kick drum through reason??

i cant figure out how too do so?????
plug ins with mid , how do i do it! especally through rewire with reason drums

can you?
is it possible??

thanks
Old 08-08-2007, 02:59 AM

Default Re: Pro Tools plug ins on midi track????????????????????????????

What about using a send on the audio track bussed to trigger the gate.
Old 08-09-2007, 03:14 PM

how would i go a about setting that up? i am using rewire with reason , i got reason drums going , in the protools window i have 2 auido out puts for reason , i made a third midi track and set it to the BD chanel 13 kick drum , how would send that to a trigger??? i hope i dont sound like an idiot lol
Old 08-10-2007, 05:09 AM

Reason is coming into the mix buss presumably via the rewire plug on an aux. Assuming this is a stereo mix,

1. Solo the BD and record/bounce it to an audio track.
2. Set-up a send on this (new) audio with the output set to a free buss.
3. Set-up your tone gen with a gate plug set to open using the input of the above buss.

Every time the BD sounds, the send should trigger the gate to open on the signal gen track. Adjust the attack/threshold/release times to get the sync right.

If you don't want to hear the audio BD in the mix. Mute the track and make the send pre fader. Take the Solo off the BD in reason.

This is not exactly plugs on a MIDI track but is a possible work-around and should achieve the same results.
Old 08-10-2007, 01:40 PM

thanks for helping me on that kick drum... if you dont mind helping me i have one more quiestion

i have 2 auido tracks both guitar tracks over dubbed and panned

both parts are pretty tight , but some parts are slightly off and noticable

i have used beat detective on drums and bass put it doesnt really go with anything else, i am trying to get everything as tight as possible, but quaintizing auido doesnt exsist

what methods should i use to sync them up better?

i was trying to cut and move the auido over but it started turning into a mess because i recored the guitar with a delay

any sugjestions???

will the time expansion tool work?

your really helpig me alot and i thank you ,
Old 08-10-2007, 01:59 PM

No worries. Glad to be of help.

Re your Guitars question. You could try Vocalign. As the name suggests it's designed for vocals but might be worth a try particularly as there's a 14 day fully featured demo available for d/l.

Vocalign

I've also had some success using Melodyne to tighten-up guitars. Not so good on chord work but OK on more monophonic type phrases