Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-14-2003, 08:54 PM

Default 6.1 mouse scrolling disappointing

This was a feature I was very much glad to get back. But it lags horribly for me in 6.1 on my g4-400.

Slow...latent...laggy scrolling. Safari, explorer and other apps just zip on down the page when scrolling....but with PT you have to spin the dang wheel off to get to the bottom of a page.

Whats up??
Old 07-14-2003, 09:16 PM

Default Re: 6.1 mouse scrolling disappointing

oh give it a rest
Old 07-14-2003, 10:19 PM

Kevin, I can't get anyone to answer my thread. Did you experience a slow up, speed up, or same speed in system response moving to PT6 fromo 5
Old 07-14-2003, 10:31 PM

Make sure you check your mouse settings cause mine was slow at first. It was set to scroll up or down by three lines and I changed it to 1 page and it works just like it did in PT5. This is kinda cool cause you can choose how fast you want it to move up and down. I am running a Microsoft Trackball on a 1Ghz Powerbook in case you are wondering. I don't think it has anything to do with the speed of the computer though you just need to check the settings. Hope this helps.
Old 07-15-2003, 07:15 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by KamaSutra77:
oh give it a rest
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Okay....here I was thinking this was the troubleshooting forum. From now on I will only talk about what works correctly.
Old 07-15-2003, 09:28 PM

Kevin,
Did you have any luck trying out what I suggested?
Old 07-15-2003, 09:39 PM

yep, checked it myself with ym wireless microsoft mouse. Just adjust the settings.
In fact I have it set up to scrol horizontally, and pressing the wheel for scrolling vertically. Works fine here
Old 07-15-2003, 09:40 PM

I tried adjusting the scroll speed. If you scroll slowly it moves in pretty big intervals down the page. Works great. But when I scroll too fast ...it's like the intervals suddenly get very small. S0 when scrolling fast it takes all day to get to the bottom. It's a logitech mouse so maybe there is a compatability problem.

Thanks vaphoron.
Old 07-16-2003, 08:37 AM

It is pretty slow, I have mine set to the fastest scroll setting and it still takes a ton of scrolls to get anywhere.

ProTools uses a noticably smaller scroll increment than other apps, could this be tweaked in a future version?
Old 07-16-2003, 06:00 PM

Quote:
ProTools uses a noticably smaller scroll increment than other apps, could this be tweaked in a future version?
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Yes. We were sort of glad to get this in the release at all, but I'd agree that it could use some tweaking.

Also note that the command key serves as an "increment slowly" modifier, much as it does for slider and knob tweaking. I don't know if they included that fact in the What's New guide or whatever.

So if you set your prefs to scroll at the highest rate (which, it sounds like, isn't high enough), you can still get more precise scrolling via the command modifier.

The other modifiers do other fun things, too. [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

Eric Miller
Digi Engineering