How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Virtual Instruments
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-11-2010, 04:29 PM

Default Hybrid free license with PT 110 course issue

Hi,

For my Pro Tools 110 course free plug-in, I chose Hybrid, and put the license in my iLok account and then onto my iLok USB smart key. I do not know how or where to download the Hybrid 1.6 software so I can actually use Hybrid 1.6 with the license I received as part of the 110 course.

Thank you.

(System: Windows XP Pro, Mbox 2 (USB), Pro Tools 8.0.4)
Old 12-11-2010, 05:21 PM

Default Re: Hybrid free license with PT 110 course issue

It should be in your avid account.
Old 12-11-2010, 05:32 PM

I checked my Avid account and it just said:

Licenses: Hybrid
Please visit www.ilok.com to retrieve your licenses!
No download available. This product is a code only, or available on your purchased discs.

Thanks.
Old 12-22-2010, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skslocum1 View Post
I checked my Avid account and it just said:

Licenses: Hybrid
Please visit www.ilok.com to retrieve your licenses!
No download available. This product is a code only, or available on your purchased discs.

Thanks.
Are you certain? Normally just under that there should be a button titled "downloads" which once pressed shows you a list of available downloads.
Old 12-24-2010, 10:09 PM

Hi! I saw that you were having this problem, and just three weeks ago I was having the SAME thing happen.

I also entered Pro Tools 110 and used the free plug-in offer to download Hybrid. I had it registered to my iLok, and my Avid account recognized that the license was on my iLok account, but I still didn't have the actual software. I was getting the same message that you were, that I was licensed to run Hybrid, but it gave me no link or method to get the software itself.

After a few hours of frustration looking all over Avid's website, I decided to just search "Hybrid" to see what would come up. Finally, I reached the master Hybrid download page, and downloaded it there. It seems like the button that mgtube is referring to would usually refer you to this download, but something is just on the fritz. Once the download was completed, Hybrid ran without a hitch.

http://secure.digidesign.com/service...&localeCode=en

This is the download area, where you can find the software download for Hybrid.

Hope this helps!
Old 10-04-2011, 05:44 AM

This took me a while to find to!

It's nice to get a free plug-in, but annoying when you have to search the internet for a while to actually find it!
Old 12-31-2011, 04:46 PM

I just completed the 110 course and had the same problem as you guys. I logged into the Avid site and looked under "Download & Activate My Products" and "Products Not Yet Downloaded". Download & Activate asked for my Activation Code and only allowed me to put in my iLok info to have the license for Hybrid transferred to my iLok account. Products Not Yet Downloaded said both "No Products Found" and "No Downloads Found" on the page when I clicked on it.

Brickwright, thanks for posting the link to the download page for Hybrid though it doesn't have a link to version 1.6, which is the latest version, it only goes up to 1.53 (for Mac users). If someone has a link to download 1.6 please post that here.

It would be nice if Avid corrected this so it wasn't a problem for everyone trying to redeem their free plugin after completing this course.