Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Getting Started
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-25-2014, 11:56 AM

Default Protools 9 and iLok

OK, here's the deal. I bought the complete Protools package back in June of '12 (Software/hardware) from Guitar Center. I had it up and running for a few days before I had to move my 'studio' to a new room in the house. (Fast Foward to toda) and I just now have found the time to get my studio, in a much bigger room, up and running and now Protools is asking for my iLok.

My understanding is that it is a 'dongle' or Thumb drive USB deal that authenticates my software. (Great idea!)

However, if I got one with my package, I more than likely tossed it thinking it was some free thumb drive, which because of my work, I have 1,000's of.

How do I get a replacement so I can FINALLY use my Protools?

Thanks!

bobbydarnell
Old 08-25-2014, 12:21 PM

Default Re: Protools 9 and iLok

Have to contact I-lok on this one...you'll need to buy a new I-lok 2, then see what you can do to get your license replaced.
Old 08-25-2014, 02:27 PM
Admin Emeritus

Default Re: Protools 9 and iLok

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbydarnell View Post
OK, here's the deal. I bought the complete Protools package back in June of '12 (Software/hardware) from Guitar Center. I had it up and running for a few days before I had to move my 'studio' to a new room in the house. (Fast Foward to toda) and I just now have found the time to get my studio, in a much bigger room, up and running and now Protools is asking for my iLok.

My understanding is that it is a 'dongle' or Thumb drive USB deal that authenticates my software. (Great idea!)

However, if I got one with my package, I more than likely tossed it thinking it was some free thumb drive, which because of my work, I have 1,000's of.

How do I get a replacement so I can FINALLY use my Protools?

Thanks!

bobbydarnell
Hi Bobby,

Look for an email from Avid Customer Support.

Just so you know, the boxed version you purchased included a pre-programmed iLok USB key with the Pro Tools 9 license already on the iLok. If it was an original "iLok 1", it would be a blue key shaped device. If it was the newer "iLok 2", it would be a black and grey rectangular device: www.iLok.com