Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Pro Tools | Duet & Pro Tools | Quartet

Old 03-08-2019, 06:34 AM

Default PT IO Control Panel not displaying info on "input" Tab

Hi everyone,

I'm having trouble with my PT IO Control software, since although it's recognizing my Duet interface, it's not allowing me to control the inputs as the "input" tab appears blank. I can record, playback music, etc. but I can't control inputs. The issue is that I can only change inputs from instrument to Mic from the software, so I'm blocked here.

See images attached showing the display in the IO control panel software.

I was having this problem already using the High Sierra OS, updated to Mojave to test if it was an OS compatibility and the issue persisted. Went back to High Sierra and the same. Now currently back on Mojave.

I'm using the 0.2.66 Firmare version for the IO control panel. Not sure what I'm missing or what could be going wrong.

Thanks for the help,

Details:

MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Early 2015)
macOS Mojave (10.14.3)
Processor 2.9 GHz Intel Core i5
Memory 8 GB 1867 MHz DDR3
Pro Tools Duet
Pro Tools 11.3.1
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screenshot 2019-03-08 at 15.26.12.jpg (12.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Screenshot 2019-03-08 at 15.26.19.jpg (20.7 KB, 0 views)
Old 03-10-2019, 11:30 AM

Default Re: PT IO Control Panel not displaying info on "input" Tab

I was having the same issue, no inputs? Now, the Quartet doesn't show up at all. No firmware info is visible in the "About Pro Tools I/O Control Panel" window. Which, was when the Quartet appeared with no inputs. Quartet still shows up in the Hardware/IO setup in Pro Tools. Shows input/output metering on the Quartet itself, not in Pro Tools. Outputs audio though?
I made the the move to Mojave also, I can run at a low H/W buffer size. So I did the PT 2018 upgrade. I'm afraid to replace the Quartet software or do a factory reset on the Quartet and lose everything!?
Old 04-12-2019, 06:07 PM

Having the same issue, just upgraded to mojave. Any luck finding a solution?
Old 04-14-2019, 01:59 PM

You can ignore the PT IO software and manage sound inputs directly from the quartet by holding down the channel input number (1,2,3 or 4) and then a display will pop up to choose:

+4 dbu
-10 dbv
Mic
Mic 48v
Inst

See screenshot
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screen Shot 2019-04-14 at 1.58.08 PM.jpg (29.4 KB, 0 views)
Old 04-20-2019, 01:43 AM

Did you try the latest October 2018 Duet drivers? I had the same issue and they silently repacked driver with newer PT IO Control v2.10.3 (and new firmware 2.68).

http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/d...uartet-Drivers

It worked for me on early Mojave version, don't know if still works on latest one, I went back to High Sierra.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andres22 View Post
Hi everyone,

I'm having trouble with my PT IO Control software, since although it's recognizing my Duet interface, it's not allowing me to control the inputs as the "input" tab appears blank. I can record, playback music, etc. but I can't control inputs. The issue is that I can only change inputs from instrument to Mic from the software, so I'm blocked here.

See images attached showing the display in the IO control panel software.

I was having this problem already using the High Sierra OS, updated to Mojave to test if it was an OS compatibility and the issue persisted. Went back to High Sierra and the same. Now currently back on Mojave.

I'm using the 0.2.66 Firmare version for the IO control panel. Not sure what I'm missing or what could be going wrong.

Thanks for the help,

Details:

MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Early 2015)
macOS Mojave (10.14.3)
Processor 2.9 GHz Intel Core i5
Memory 8 GB 1867 MHz DDR3
Pro Tools Duet
Pro Tools 11.3.1

Sound Engineer | Non-Avid Employee