Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Avid Pro Mixing General Discussion

Old 03-20-2019, 10:23 AM

Default Exporting session for another DAW

Hi there

I need some help with exporting my mix session.

I am using pro tools LE 8 and have a final mix that I want to export in .wav to tweak a little more on somebody else’s system.

I would like to know that for my individual tracks, how I can export everything without reverting back to the unmixed version. I.e. save all of the fx, EQ, etc... for each individual track.

If I consolidate the session and export in .wav will this save all of my work thus far?

Many thanks
Hannah.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-21-2019, 09:58 AM

Default Re: Exporting session for another DAW

Hi. I'll assume you're talking about "another DAW" meaning not PT. Then your simplest, if not easiest, way is to print (record each track to a new track) all the tracks from the exact same point in the timeline. Then you'll get an audio file for each track exactly like they sound now, plugins fx and all, that can be dropped into any DAW and line up perfectly timewise.

Say you have a track called Piano. Click on its output and select "New track...". Give the new track a name, e.g Piano.print, and rec enable it. Make a selection in the timeline that includes all of the piano audio, making shure the selection begins at a specific point that you can repeat on all the tracks. Maybe use a marker, maybe use just the beginning of the session, 0.00.00.

Record the piano to the new track.

Repeat with all tracks, also fx returns. Remember, you can do this with multiple tracks simultaneously.

Now, with PT8 I guess your session uses SDII files for audio, and you'll have to convert them to WAV, but that shouldn't be too difficult.
Old 03-21-2019, 01:09 PM

Default Re: Exporting session for another DAW

Hey thanks so much. I’ll definitely try this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk