Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools | Intro Discussion

Old 03-18-2019, 12:12 AM

Default Avoiding cloud storage and security of cloud

When using pro tools first, how secure is the service, I often don’t feel comfortable with my work being on the cloud because I often worry about hacks and breeches, is it possible to go avoid transfer to the cloud, is it possible to use pro tools first and make small edits then export my audio before it transfers to the cloud, and if I use cloud storage are my files stored encrypted, and when sessions are deleted are they still stored on the server, are all my files 100 percent purged from the server?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-19-2019, 01:03 PM

Default Re: Avoiding cloud storage and security of cloud

Pro Tools First is really meant to be used with a cloud account and I'm not sure you are going to get the answers you are looking for since only Avid knows how the server side of things works.

You can work offline on your projects and a local file cache is kept, but it is not designed as a personal repository and will most likely get messed up if you are moving files around.

Your best bet would be to go with the regular version of Pro Tools. There is a 30 trial version you can download and the rental plans aren't that expensive if you just wanted to see if the software meets your needs before deciding on a larger purchase.

System Details