Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Other Products > MIDI
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-03-2002, 03:22 PM

Default ProTools doesn\'t recognize my controller

Pro Tolls LE does not recognize my Roland A-37 keyboard controller - don't see it in the <Setup><Peripherals><Controllers> menu.

My midi hardwire connections are correct (A37 midi A-out to Digi001 midi in) and both are configured to talk on Channel 1.

What needs to happen for Pro Tools to see it?
003 Rack
MOTU Midi Express 128
Roland A-37 88-key Controller
Old 08-03-2002, 04:02 PM

Default Re: ProTools doesn\'t recognize my controller

OMS set up.

Not inside PT but a separate application and part of OMS.

I won't go into it now as there is much already in these threads about it. If you still have trouble then sure ... post back here.

[img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]
Old 08-03-2002, 05:59 PM

I WISH OMS was an option, but I'm running Win93se (shoulda mentioned that at the top... sorry!)

I'm assuming the Windows/MME driver is supposed to auto-recognize my Roland A-37... maybe even my drum machine - but it doesn't. Tried a SYSEX data dump from the keyboard controller as well as the drum machine, attempting to create a profile and hopefully map the instruments, but no joy.

Thx for the reply. Maybe I shoulda got a Mac!

Rags
[email protected]
003 Rack
MOTU Midi Express 128
Roland A-37 88-key Controller
Old 08-04-2002, 07:48 AM

With 98SE, as you may know, you won't have any synths or drum machine recognized like in OMS. PTLE for PC doesn't do it. You will have to just remember which midi tracks are assigned to which synth and drum machine, or identify the instrument in the track name or any number of other methods i.e. use a template or a set-up whereby different controllers are always assigned to the same midi tracks for every session or song so you will always remember.

Using the <Setup><Peripherals><Controllers> menu is for something else completely.

As for a sys ex dump, the only way I was ever able to get a dump to work properly was following the instructions in the manual to the letter. That and knowing exactly which parameter on the synth to use to actually send the dump (and then it worked just fine).

Hope this helps. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]