Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 10
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-28-2016, 03:06 AM

Default Pro Tools 10.3.10 Access Violation when loading Plugins

I've seen a few threads relating to this issue, and nobody seems to have come up with a solid solution. For some people it seems to be plugin issues, others say it's an issue with PT.

My situation:

Upon loading PT, after attempting to load plugins for a few seconds, the program either freezes or throws an Access Violation error.

What I've tried:

- Uninstalling/Reinstalling Completely, including Prefs/Databases, AppData folders etc as guided by avid troubleshooting guides.

- Removing plugins from their various folders and reintroducing them one at a time or in groups to try and identify if it's a problem with a specific plugin. The result is that PT doesn't load any of them, just crashes. Additionally, it's a fresh install, with only the default plugins, so there's no reason why any of them should be faulty, right? Running the Avid software updater application tells me they're all up to date as well.

- I've also tried installing earlier versions of PT (10.3.8 and 10.3.9) to see if this makes a difference. It does not :/

Really not sure how to approach this problem anymore. I just want to record some music

Since posting I have uninstalled PT 10 completely, including Virtual Instruments etc, since I found I had a free upgrade to PT 12 sitting on my account.

Installed PT12 > Crashes on startup while loading plugins with message AAE error -9178.

Uninstalled PT12 > Installed PT11 > Run PT11 > Crashes on startup while loading plugins with Access Violation error similar to what was happening with PT10.

*pulls hair out*

Last edited by Evilhamsta; 09-28-2016 at 09:37 AM. Reason: Further things I've tried: