Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)

Old 09-23-2010, 04:19 AM

Default Re: Wave Rider - Automatic Vocal Rides!!!

Mundoz,

Thanks for the quick reply. Oh and hi from one Kiwi to another.

Quote:
Settings will no more recall the channel number. Will be a pain for templates but in general better for workflow.
I totally agree. I can see that from both sides. I guess the obvious solution would be to have it as a user pref. Dunno how Sonnox do it, but they have a user pref pane in some of their plugs.

Quote:
Sorry no TDM.
I'm prepared to pay!! . Anything that's cheaper than the outrageously overpriced Waves gets my vote any day.

Quote:
And with the way Wave Rider works, non-controller version is not possible. There's no other way to control the PT fader.
I must admit, I did like the way the Waves plug used it's own automation controller lane like automation works in every other plugin. Can't remember, do you have automation within your plug?? Any reason you can't direct the control element to your own master output fader instead of the ProTools fader? I'm sure it's highly technical and I'm talking garbage.

Quote:
Sorry no numerical steps for these controls, just the feel.
Fair enough.

Quote:
But separate attack / release for ducking and parking in the next version.
Excellent news. Keep up the stirling work old chap (chappette/ladyboy).

SB
Old 09-23-2010, 05:00 AM

Mundoz,

Also, just a bit of blue sky thinking here. Any chance of being able to change the frequency response of the sidechain used for determining the level?? I mean like tipping it towards hi frequencies or low frequencies, or band pass? You know how sometimes pure level is not a true indication of how loud something is perceived. Sometimes with vocals, a lot of mid eq will dominate a word or phrase and sidechaining a compressor or similar with a "pre shaped" signal can produce much better results.

The other thing I "potentially" liked about the Waves plug, was the reference of the master mix via the key input sidechain bus. I couldn't really get VR to balance my vocal properly to start with, but the idea that the overall target level would lift when the music (ie: the chorus) got louder had a real appeal to me. Can't tell whether I thought it worked right for Waves though anyways.

Cheers

SB
Old 09-23-2010, 10:16 AM

Gave this a small try today and the initial impression is good. I haven't read the entire post so I am wondering if the issue I am experiencing when the D-Command is online (Wave rider does not work!) is just me or all ICON users?

Cheers Nick
Mac M1 Studio Ultra 64GB RAM OSX 13.6, PT Ultimate 2023.12 HDn, MTRX Studio, 2x Avid S1, PT Dock...
Old 09-23-2010, 11:24 AM

Reckless Erik,

I am an ICON user and I know Mundoz is as well. It gets used a lot and I have never had a conflict with my ICON.

What kind of trouble are you having?

Feel free to email me directly, but I also know Munoz' support is second to none.

JC
Old 09-24-2010, 12:01 AM
Quiet Art Ltd.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckless Erik View Post
I haven't read the entire post so I am wondering if the issue I am experiencing when the D-Command is online (Wave rider does not work!) is just me or all ICON users?
Hi Nick,
I am using an ICON as well as Pro Controls along with Wave Rider on a daily basis. The thing you need to watch out for is that WR is HUI based, so it will only control/see the first 8 banks on your controller (reverse for 002, 003) (no restriction if no controller)

So if you bank your tracks starting on the right, and nothing on the first 8, WR will not see them.
Unless you load the first 8 channels on your board with custom faders, then the second 8 will be available to WR.

WaveRider + Defaulter (now with LKFS)
QuietArt.co.nz

Catchin' SYNC app

Last edited by Vedat; 09-24-2010 at 12:03 AM. Reason: code fix
Old 09-24-2010, 03:02 AM

Ok. I got it. I have a 24 channel D-Command. The mixer is set up with the fader module on the left and the main module on the right. Wave rider appears to control any one of the first 8 physical mixer channels on the left irrespective of actual Protools track number. Right?
And also is seems that Wave rider can control a max of 8 channels at any one time. Right?

Regards Nick
Mac M1 Studio Ultra 64GB RAM OSX 13.6, PT Ultimate 2023.12 HDn, MTRX Studio, 2x Avid S1, PT Dock...
Old 09-24-2010, 06:19 PM
Quiet Art Ltd.

Yep, that is correct behaviour when a controller is attached.

QuietArt.co.nz

Catchin' SYNC app
Old 09-24-2010, 06:31 PM

Is there a PC version yet?
Old 01-23-2011, 10:02 PM
Quiet Art Ltd.

Wave Rider v2 is out.
Check out this video to see the new interface and the new algo.

Check out the new site for more videos and other info.
Also, now we have a Facebook page for you to like and share. :)

QuietArt.co.nz

Catchin' SYNC app
Old 01-24-2011, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mundoz View Post
Wave Rider v2 is out.
That's probably a great news, but, you know...

PC??