Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Artist Series

Old 05-31-2019, 06:48 PM

Default Brand New Artist Mix no worky

Just bought this today at VKLA. Followed all the procedures and "fixes" I found online to get it working and EuControl simply won't "see" the Artist Mix.

I did the following:

Downloaded and installed EuControl 19.5
Changed order of Network so Wi-Fi is at top
Ethernet connection in Sys Prefs sees the AMix and says "connected" - it's green
Open Eucontrol with AMix powered on, and nothing appears in "Surfaces".
I've uninstalled and reinstalled ECon 19.5 several times. Restarted about 15 times. etc etc.

Called the vaunted Avid tech support that I pay for, and was told I'd get a call back.

Man, 900 bucks for a piece of plastic that has taken me almost three hours to discover it doesn't work. Anyone have ideas?

tks,
L

iMac 2013
Sierra
PT Ultimate 2019
Old 05-31-2019, 07:08 PM

Default Re: Brand New Artist Mix no worky

Turn off your computer's wifi, restart the computer (or close/open Eucontrol from the top menu bar), power on/off the Artist Mix.

See what happens
(leave wifi off this whole time)
Pro Tools Ult 2024.3.1, HDX 2, MTRX/SPQ, RME BBF Pro + MADIface Pro • S1 x 2, Fire Max11 x 2, Dock, iPad Air5 • Mac Mini 14,12, 12 core, macOS 13.6.6 • RAM 32GB, SSD 4TB, GPU 19 core • QNAP TVS-872XT 148TB TB3
Old 06-01-2019, 01:05 AM

Make sure the Eucon box is checked under peripherals in Pro Tools.

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 06-01-2019, 02:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southsidemusic View Post
Make sure the Eucon box is checked under peripherals in Pro Tools.
He’s saying the Mix doesn’t show up in Eucontrol Surfaces. The Eucon box in Pro Tools won’t matter yet. Not to mention he’ll need to do a firmware update once it does show up in Eucontrol.
Pro Tools Ult 2024.3.1, HDX 2, MTRX/SPQ, RME BBF Pro + MADIface Pro • S1 x 2, Fire Max11 x 2, Dock, iPad Air5 • Mac Mini 14,12, 12 core, macOS 13.6.6 • RAM 32GB, SSD 4TB, GPU 19 core • QNAP TVS-872XT 148TB TB3
Old 06-01-2019, 04:12 AM

In System prefs there a EUCON widget click and check to make sure it’s set to the port that your MIX is connected to.

Avid S6M40-32-5D, MTRX (2), Barefoot MM26, PT Ultimate, CB TMC1 Penta, Chandler RS124, Highland Dynamics BG2, Locomotive Audio 14B, Retro 176, SSL, Trinnov STPro, UAD, BAE, etc.
Old 06-01-2019, 07:23 AM
Avid

Is the Artist Mix connected directly to your Mac...no switch or router inbetween ?
What IP address does that Ethernet port say it is in Network Prefs ?
Old 06-02-2019, 06:30 AM

Default Re: Brand New Artist Mix no worky- WORKING!

Hey guys, thanks for your responses. Always blown away by the "community" of users who take the time to help each other out! Here's how this was resolved.

Searched the forums, youtube, read the manual....for about three hours and then called the "tech support". Of course, I got the "we'll have one of our techs call you back" answer. Wasn't hopeful that I would actually get any real life support from Avid. (called once in the past, about 2.5 years ago when I upgraded to PT12 HD, and didn't have a good experience on the phone with them). Basically, I had accepted that paying for subscription/support plan was just throwing money into the wind for the "privilege" of owning an HD Rig :)

Well, I have to eat my hat, so to speak.

I got a call from Avid support about 30 minutes later. Spoke to a guy named Raphael, who was totally cool, and EXTREMELY helpful.

He walked me through all the usual steps (that I had already done) and he asked, "did you make sure your ethernet cable is actually plugged in to the computer?" I took a second glance to mollify him, and, low and behold, I ran the cable behind my rig and in my rush to get things going, and forgot to actually plug it in. Embarrassing to say the least. Idiot. As my old mentor use to say "ah, yeah, the old on-off button mistake". :)

So, long story short- I'm a dummy and you guys all rock.

Working with the A Mix for a day or so now. It's definitely a change in work flow and will take some getting used to. Will report back in a couple weeks to give an update on how it's incorporating into my work.

Big ups to Avid this time, and thanks to all of you.

Thanks!

PS- Avid, if you're listening, please please add a dedicated phase button to the track channel strips in the next release. Oh, and please make "volume" the first automation lane that appears below MIDI tracks a standard thing.