Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-09-2006, 02:57 PM

Default Relinking Audio Problems

Hello,
I moved a session stored on a separate drive onto my audio drive for a remix and PT can't relink to the audio. I've tried automatic and manual relink. I've tried to relink to audio files on the external drive and the main audio drive. The audio files are there; PT just can't find them.

The problem probably is that the audio was originally recorded to a drive which is offline. I think I dragged sessions to a new drive to copy them over, instead of "Save Session In". So, the audio files are marked with an identifier that refers to the offline hard drive. Still, shouldn't PT be able to relink?

I think I've tried everything in the manual and searched the DUC archives for something else to try.

I'm running PT 6.9.3 with HD 3 Accel on a Mac Dual 1.25 MDD.

Any help will surely be appreciated.

Thanks,
Chas
Old 08-09-2006, 08:41 PM

Default Re: Relinking Audio Problems

Hope this helps:

1) Open the session in question with the external hard drives connected to your computer.

2) With the session open, open the Project Browser window.

3) Click on the little triangle that allows you to view all the audio files.

4) Scroll to the right so that you can reveal the column marked PATH and sort your audio files by PATH.

5) Select, by clicking on the names of the individual audio files, the files that are not on the drive you'd like them to be on.

6) Using the window pull down menu while your files are highlighted, select COPY & RELINK (or RELINK & COPY - sorry, I'm not at my computer right now).

7) A dialog box will appear asking you where you want the files to be copied to. Copy them to the correct audio file folder.

8) When you are done copying all the files from the drives you no longer wish to use to the correct drive, quit Pro Tools and remove the attached drives. Then re-open the session without the drives connected to confirm that you have performed the procedure correctly. If so, you should get no relinking dialog box when you open the session.

If you do the above correctly, you will save hours of time.

Best of luck!