How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Other Products > MIDI
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-18-2015, 04:40 AM

Default PT will not recognize my MIDI interface [SOLVED]

Hey All,
I need help. I'm running PT 11 on MAC OS 10.10.2. I want to connect my Roland TD-20 (Drum Machine) so I bought the m-audio Midisport Uno. When I plug in the Uno, the audio/Midi Setup recognizes it. I run the program "Midi Reader" and when I hit the kit, the Mac Midi Reader sees the signal. But when I open PT, setup the Midi Devices and select "HUI", I have not option to select "midisport" I/O. I've tried setting up the TD-20, but I keep getting a pop-up saying "You've selected a HUI, be PT doesn't see anything" I'm a touch frustrated, but figure I'm doing something wrong. Anyone have any ideas?
Old 05-18-2015, 05:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMUMRD View Post
Hey All,
I need help. I'm running PT 11 on MAC OS 10.10.2. I want to connect my Roland TD-20 (Drum Machine) so I bought the m-audio Midisport Uno. When I plug in the Uno, the audio/Midi Setup recognizes it. I run the program "Midi Reader" and when I hit the kit, the Mac Midi Reader sees the signal. But when I open PT, setup the Midi Devices and select "HUI", I have not option to select "midisport" I/O. I've tried setting up the TD-20, but I keep getting a pop-up saying "You've selected a HUI, be PT doesn't see anything" I'm a touch frustrated, but figure I'm doing something wrong. Anyone have any ideas?
You don't need HUI as that's for controllers like an Artist Mix or Presonus Faderport. Just connect the TD20 to your computer via the Midisport and open OSX audio/MIDI setup and configure your setup there. Then make your MIDI set up in PT. The TD20 is NOT a controller like the ones I mentioned earlier but just another MIDI input device like a keyboard synth with MIDI connections that allows one to input notes into a computer program.

QAPLA!
Old 05-18-2015, 04:17 PM

Jack,
That was it, thanks!!!!
Old 05-19-2015, 04:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMUMRD View Post
Jack,
That was it, thanks!!!!
Glad it worked. MIDI can be a hairy beast at times.

QAPLA!