Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 11

Old 10-07-2015, 06:16 PM

Default Connecting an Avid S3

Hey,

I'm having some trouble connecting an Avid S3 to a new rig and was hoping someone might be able to help.

The computer is a new Late 2013 (dust bin) Mac Pro running OSX 10.10.5, Pro Tools 11.3.1 and Eucon 3.3.1.

The S3 is connected directly to the mac pro using an ethernet cable. Upon manually assigning the IP address in system preferences (as the manual suggests) it appears to connect. The Eucon software recognises the S3 and displays it in the available control surfaces, but it's greyed out and doesn't allow me to update the firmware or use the surface.

Am I missing something?

Thanks for the help,

Jonathan
Old 10-07-2015, 07:04 PM

Default Re: Connecting an Avid S3

Check the manual on this. You may need to use a crossover cable

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 10-09-2015, 02:16 PM

Default Re: Connecting an Avid S3

If you're plugging directly into the computer, it may help to power on the computer before the S3, as that's where it's getting it's IP information from. I was given this advice by Mario from Avid back when I was having similar issues.

I still regularly have days where I power on my system and my S3 doesn't connect. Like most things, I've just learned to shrug and work around it. Typically a fresh power cycle fixes it. It's still much more reliable than my Artist Mix...that would give me a fresh troubleshooting adventure every time I powered it on.