Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > General Discussion & Off Topic > General Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-05-2020, 11:00 AM

Default Eventide HW vs Software Advide Please :-)

Hey Friends

Putting this in Gen Discussion as it pertains to hardware and plugins.

So we are looking for a cool good sounding reverb/pedal for synths. Looking at the Eventide Space pedal or H9 Max or as the topic says, would you say the Same Blackhole but plugin sounds equal to the pedal versions on Space or H9?

There are some other pedals like Strymon Big Sky and Boss RV-500 we looked at but fall back to the Eventide Space and H9 Max boxes.

We could save some money to put toward something else by getting the Blackhole plugin but wanna ask you guys and preferably someone who might have both HW and SW or know the sound of them and maybe even have the Strymon Big Sky and could comment on Eventide Space pedal vs Big Sky

As always Thank You for being here and for all the help and advice we spread to eachother

Best
Chris

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 09-05-2020, 11:07 AM

Default Re: Eventide HW vs Software Advide Please :-)

Hi Chris i got the Big Sky Pedal wich i use a lot playing live ( well not now :-( ) and on studio recording. So searching a software substitute i found a few including Valhalla Shimmer and wow it is very, very good and pretty close to my big sky at least to my ears. Also got the Eventide but every single time i end up using the Valhalla Shimmer. Hope this helps a little .

p.s. In my case use it for guitars
Old 09-05-2020, 11:48 AM

Default Re: Eventide HW vs Software Advide Please :-)

Hey Brother, Thank you very much for the info. Yeah Big Sky sounds amazing to me and we are contemplating getting that as the shimmer presets were unbelieveble so will look at Valhalla too, maybe a great combo to have both

Would also love if anyone can give some thoughts on Eventide Space pedal and Big Sky as we started looking at Strymon and just thought it sounds amazing but the space popped up on the web / utube and messed with my mind. We could get both but if they do similar sound it might be unnecessary to have both ... but fun hehe

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————