Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools M-Powered (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-17-2009, 01:56 PM

Cool Tempo changes don't work like I imagine they should...

I'm trying to do a smooth tempo change from 140 to 145, starting at bar 5 and ending on bar 13, say. Line tool, tempo map, grid set to 1 bar, draw it in.

The tempo of 145 will now "happens" not on the bar where I drew it, but somewhere before or after, depending on what the original tempo of the track was. If it was 120, it'll happen way after bar 13, if it was 160, it'll happen way before bar 13. Even if the original tempo is 140, it's still a bit out.

There's hopefully an option to fix this somewhere that I'm unaware of, at least I hope there is!!! Or am I just doing something daft? It has been a long day. :)

Cheers,
Steve.
Old 11-17-2009, 03:08 PM
Avid

Default Re: Tempo changes don't work like I imagine they should...

I'm not quite grasping what you're doing or where things are going wrong, but maybe you should try using the Tempo Operations window instead?

Go to Event>Tempo Operations>Linear and enter your starting and ending bars and tempos. That should do the trick.
Old 11-18-2009, 11:27 AM

Default Re: Tempo changes don't work like I imagine they should...

Result, DTS!!! Thanks for your help.

I dunno why it doesn't work when I do it how I was trying to yesterday (I can give some step-by-step instructions if youone fancies trying to replicate/explain it) but that solves the problem for me. :)

Cheers,
Steve.